General Category > News, Articles & Columns

"We Need You, Granma" - FICTION - SHORT STORY

(1/1)

GunLink:
We need you, granma!
By Leonardo Pisano

“The old lady spent a week hunting those two thugs down and, when she found them, she took revenge on them," the Sheriff from Woodville, Florida, said, who listened to the name Jacob Fairness.  “She was so furious when they raped her 15-year-old granddaughter Deborah that she decided to track the unsuspecting men down.”

“I understand that she was filled with rage,” District Attorney Mike Tourniquet from Tallahassee said.  “But I fail to see why she shouldn’t be convicted.”

“Well, Estelle Rager’s rage blinded her good judgment,” Fairness tried.  “She took a taxi to my police station, laid the gun on my sergeant's desk and said: ‘Those bastards will never rape anybody again in their life.  Justice done.’  Darn, this David Mugg is a convicted rapist and robber.”

“What do you expect me to do?  I cannot let this go.”

“Well, she turned herself in, didn’t she?  You don’t have to put such an old lady in jail.  Besides, I think in the eyes of the people she is a heroine.  I don’t think a jury will convict her.”

“Can you tell me in your own words what happened?” Tourniquet asked.

“Well, Estelle swung into action on July 21 after her granddaughter Deborah was raped in broad daylight by two knife-wielding creeps in the outskirts of Tallahassee.  She opened fire with a 9-mm pistol in the hotel room where Mugg and his former prison cell mate Benjamin Robb were hiding.“  Fairness checked his jotter.  “She literally said, ‘When I saw the look on my Debbie's face that night in the hospital, I decided I was going to go out and get those bastards myself, because I figured the Law would go easy on them.  And I wasn't scared of them, either.’ Unquote.”  Fairness looked Tourniquet in the eye.  “She told me she has a gun since she was twenty years old, and her father learned her how to shoot when she was six years old.”

“She doesn’t have a gun license,” Tourniquet said dryly.  “She is not supposed to own a gun in the first place.  This might be held against her.  She should have turned it in when the law changed about owning one.  But tell me, Jacob, how was this tough-as-nails woman be able to find these sickos?"

“She told me she used a police artist's sketch of the suspects and her granddaughter’s description of the muggers.  Estelle spent seven days prowling the neighborhood where her Deborah was raped, until she spotted the rapists entering their dosshouse.  To be sure it were them, she took a few pictures and showed them to her granddaughter.  Deborah confirmed these were the culprits.”

“I see,” Tourniquet said.  “It’s on this point I would like to insist she is brought to justice.”  Tourniquet wriggled in his chair.  “A darn job this is!  Did she make a statement on what happened, Jacob?”

Fairness browsed through his notes, and said “I have this. ‘So I went back to that hotel and found their room and knocked on the door, and the minute the big one opened the door, I shot them right square between the legs, right where it would really hurt them most, you know. Then I went in and shot the other one as he backed up pleading to me to spare him. Then I went down to the police station and turned myself in.’ Unquote.”

“Darn,” Tourniquet reacted, “that doesn’t make it particularly easier.  What do the doctors say?”

“Doctor Healy from the Tallahassee Memorial said both men are still in pretty bad shape.  Mugg lost both his penis and his testicles.  Robb lost his testicles, but doctors managed to save his mutilated penis.  However, whilst Robb didn't lose his manhood he won't be using it the way he used to.  I think they're just happy to be alive after what they've been through.”

“I was elected on the promise that I would ban guns in this city.  Finally, we had the majority of the citizens talked into turning in their weapons, and the city would be much safer.  If I let her walk, we are not only back to square one, but I also ruin my credibility.”

‘You don’t give a damn about your credibility, you political snake. You just want to be reelected,’ Jacob thought, but instead he said with a straight face, “Listen, Mike.  Sure, I agree that what she did was wrong, and she broke the law and all that, but it is difficult to throw an 84-year-old woman in prison, especially when 15 million people in Florida want to nominate her for Governor.”

Originally published at http://www.leonardopisano.com/?p=78
Posted on GunLink with author's permission.

About Leonardo Pisano:  Leonardo Pisano is an author of stories related to themes that adversely affect individual liberty.  His stance is that centralization is the main threat to individual development, with collectivism as its devious instrument. (READ MORE...)

SharpsShooter:
Neat story.  There are soem other good ones on his web site too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version