!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

120x60 logo Chief Supply Corp.

Author Topic: Question about using lethal force  (Read 276 times)

Offline MutantMaker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Question about using lethal force
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:39:39 PM »
So, I was recently involved in a group discussion about how someone should act in the aftermath of a situation requiring use of deadly force. And I had a dumb question I didnít want to ask...Letís say youíre home and you shoot someone after he breaks in, if youíre trained to be a first responder (meaning certified in first aid, cpr, etc), are you expected to provide first aid to the suspect?  I ask because I can see the suspects family suing because youíre trained and didnít provide aid.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Question about using lethal force
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:39:39 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Question about using lethal force
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:04:32 AM »
Expected by whom? Your pastor? A Judge? Some dirtbag's family? Your own conscience? Your employer?

In this hypothetical situation, did you run out of ammo or something?

If it's come to the point of shooting someone, then I am in fear for my life or great bodily harm and I expect that I could reasonably explain that. We're adults and we know why people break in to houses, do stick-ups, etc. and we know who commits these types of crimes. Not only could I likely articulate why I shot a stranger who broke into the house where my family's sleeping at 3AM, I'm pretty sure I can articulate why I don't want to go mouth-to-mouth and get elbow deep in blood and guts of someone who just committed a violent felony in my home, may or may not still be armed and dangerous, and is likely a drug and disease filled junkie.

Besides, many states have laws that protect you against civil suits in lawful self-defense cases. Regardless of how upset they are that their family member won't be finishing their research on a cure for cancer, they would be out of luck on their big lawsuit payday.

Offline Glockzilla3K

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: Question about using lethal force
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
If you're justified in using lethal force I don't think you have any responsibility to save the person that you're killing. I'm no lawyer though.

120x60 logo Chief Supply Corp.