!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: What would you do if you find your self surrounded by "protesters"?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline noobgunner

• GunLink Member
What does everyone think about all of the protests (riots actually) over Ferguson and the other case in NY? It got me thinking more about what to do in a situation like that. Some of the videos show some pretty hairy stuff.  What would you do if some group surrounded you while you were walking down the street or shopping in a store or driving in your car? 
I would try my best to avoid being where they are but they are doing this crap everywhere now and sometimes you might not be able to avoid them.  Obviously you shouldn't jump right to pulling a gun or shooting but if it comes to that how do you fight off a angry crowd of dozens or hundreds?

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline 45shooter

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: What would you do if you find your self surrounded by "protesters"?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:22:21 AM »
Situational awareness fail if you let them surround you like that. At first sign of trouble unass area.  I can tell you that I won't be held captive by a violent mob.

Offline PorkyPascal

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »
They're back at it http://gunlink.info/forums/index.php?topic=1475.0

Now with more gunplay and shooting cops.

Offline Panther97

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »
Avoiding it sounds like best. If your in a car then plowing through violent crowd to get away might be good as a last resort but it sounds gross but I would be worried that you might get hung up or not be able to get through and then the crowd would probably be REALLY violent at that point.  If you're on foot I'd be afraid that shooting someone attackign you or even just pulling out a gun would turn them violent and be more than you could handle alone.  If they aren't after you maybe just try to blend in until you can break away and get away from it all?

Offline masfonos

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »
With the stuff going in Baltimore, one can't help but think about this type of thing again. Avoid "demonstrations" like the plague. I can't believe how much restraint the LE showed. I feel bad for them and the area residents. You can bet your ass that if someone is hurling bricks, rocks, molotov cocktails, etc. through the air at me or speeding toward me in a car, I will consider them to be an immediate threat to my life and act accordingly. These idiot kids are out there playing a very stupid game and, with no consequences, that's all it is.

I don't think that police retreating like they did in Baltimore or just standing there getting pelted by bricks or watching the morons burn the city down around them does a single thing other than embolden the "protesters" and encourage them to go farther.They're chomping at the bit for an excuse to do this stuff.

This behavior seems to be getting more frequent and more violent and dangerous, which isn't a surprise since there hasn't been any consequences for these morons for the most part. I think it's a dangerous precedent and, without some big changes, I think we'll see more of it in more cities (especially if it's a long, hot summer), and I think that it's bad news that Nation of Islam (an SPLC hate group) is getting involved and organizing multiple gangs in relation to what's going on. It doesn't take a big leap of the imagination to see how some brainwashed idiot could get radicalized by another similarly named group that is intent on doing harm to this county and then pull off something on a bigger scale.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:33:36 PM by masfonos »

Offline heavy

• marketplace
  • Leon Heavy
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 11:16:51 AM »
Avoid a fight but if you have to fight, use whatever you have to protect yourself.  The only unfair fight is the one you lose.  Its easy to avoid when they have a planned "rally" at a certain time and place.  It's harder to avoid when that starts spreading across a bigger area or when they do a flash mob or organize on social media.  Pay attention to what's going on around you and always have a escape plan.  Baltimore coverage showed lots of cars pulling out onto a street that was blocked on one end by cops and the other end by fire and protestors and they had to try to do a 3pt turn in the street.  If it was a really violent crowd or they decided that those cars were the enemy they'd be done for. 

I havent seen it baltimore yet but in other cities they were surrounding cars.  Bad idea to get into that situation to begin with and it can turn bad quickly.  Pushing a few people out of the way is one thing but good luck getting through a large crowd if they're beating on your vehicle or breakign your windows.
He ain't heavy...