!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Best (and worst) states for gun owners by G&A  (Read 3113 times)

Offline masfonos

Best (and worst) states for gun owners by G&A
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »
Guns & Ammo rated the states (and DC) from best to worst for gun owners.

Rather than simply reverse the rankings made by anti-gun groups, G&A has conducted a thorough review of each state’s laws and considered initiatives pending in state legislatures. Every effort has been made to create a ranking system that is fair, equitable, accurate and objective. States were ranked numerically in each of five categories: right-to-carry, right to own “black rifles” (i.e., firearms possessing a tactical appearance), presence of the Castle Doctrine, subjects relating to the National Firearms Act (NFA) and a catchall miscellaneous column.

Best 5:
1:  Arizona
2:  Vermont
3:  Alaska
4:  Utah
5:  Kentucky

Worst 5:
47:  Hawaii
48:  Massachusetts
49:  New Jersey
50:  New York
51:  DC

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topics/culture-politics-network/best-states-for-gun-owners-2015/

My Old Kentucky Home didn't do bad at #5.  There's always room for improvement.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:38:52 PM by masfonos »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Best (and worst) states for gun owners by G&A
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Best (and worst) states for gun owners by G&A
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »
I have to admit Utah surprised me. I think i just assumed California politics overflowed into it.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »
I have to admit Utah surprised me. I think i just assumed California politics overflowed into it.

It would just hop over NV and AZ to infect UT?

What most people think of as "California politics" are generally contained in heavily populated SoCal that can dominate politics.  I think that if NorCal had a say in it, things would be a lot different.

Offline tassels

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 01:21:01 PM »
I am surprised that Ill. isn't lower.  I guess they are changing their image:

Illinois has gone from one of the worst states for gun owners to “not so bad as long as you don’t live in Chicago” these last few years. The state’s “shall issue” concealed carry permit system is up and running for both residents and nonresidents, and the sky did not fall. Illinois’ Firearm Owner’s Identification, or “FOID,” requirement remains in effect for all residents wishing to touch a firearm or ammunition except for those possessed by nonresidents in accordance with state law. Suppressors are not permitted in Illinois, though a bill to change that is currently before the legislature. Short-barreled rifles are not allowed. At the point of sale, there is a three-day waiting period before picking up a handgun, and a 24-hour waiting period is applied to all long guns. The state has strong use-of-force laws, and all tactical rifles are legal outside of municipalities such as Chicago and Highland Park.

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 01:53:01 AM »
I'm not surprised that my adopted Home state of AZ. Is #1, nor my former home state, the state of my Birth, NY, is #50. Part of the reason I left was its restrictive laws.....