Reviews > Firearm Review

Tanfoligo TA 90

<< < (2/4) > >>

small:
Wow made it to the range today brought out the TA and my BHP to see which was better. In the end about two hours and 200 rounds later I'd say they are like my children, I wouldn't pick one over the other, neither is or will be more loved, its just The BHP has been loved longer and so its not going anywhere the TA did not decisively win the battle. One thing I got use to very quickly and may just be a mod for the BHP is the flat front on the trigger guard, man I like that.

The repaired rear sight held up well at the range and was spot on. My first 10 at 10 yards were better then I'd though. I put a spot of glow-in-the-dark paint on the front sight and well it works well. It has worked well on the BHP but needs a new application on the front since it was old and finally shot away. I think I might tap it off the slide and drill a small hole so I can keep it more secure. 

Anyway if anyone was questioning getting one of these I strongly recommend the TA90, its my first outing and time will tell if it holds its appeal with me. I'm very happy I have it.

GunLink:
Nice shooting, small!  Thanks for posting results of how it shot.  Now where are our glamor shots of your new toy?   ;D

Did you take any of our pistol targets with you?  You can get those flyers in the ten-ring in no time.  ;)

SharpsShooter:

--- Quote from: GunLink on November 14, 2011, 10:21:36 AM ---Nice shooting, small!  Thanks for posting results of how it shot.  Now where are our glamor shots of your new toy?   ;D

Did you take any of our pistol targets with you?  You can get those flyers in the ten-ring in no time.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Flyers?  I don't know, those look like pretty good hits to me.

+1 for more pics of the pistol.

small:
Hey thanks guys, I don;t care what light I take these pictures this gun is pretty ugly, yet I'll try. The internals are remarkable without wear and look great.

Those were the first ten I shot with it I was still trying to figure out where the trigger broke at. I got cocky and well there goes a flier. At the end of 100 rounds 6/10 in the red (2-3 X) and the other four in the nine. (most times). MOving back and speeding up opened the groups up but not outside of "I'll take that" For accuracy and over all performance it is holding its own with the Hi Power. I didn't pay close attention at the time and it may require a separate post but when firing the BHP sometimes the trigger felt gritty and other time not. I saw a guy on a different forum mention that with the mag safety still installed on his BHP different mags gave a different feel. Anyone here notice this?

I will try and doll this up some even if its with a bit of cold blue on the shiny spots. Oh I'm now convinced that I'll probable never hold a 1911 at the range again. Man what was I even thinking. 

small:
Another day at the range. In almost 100 rounds I had two failures to extract, the case was left half way in the chamber the slide returned picking up the next round and jamming under the spent case. I popped out the mag which was tough since the top round had been partially stripped, but it did fall then let the slide go forward and manually pulled it back tossing the spent case. I figure used gun time for an extractor, well once I had it out it looked NEW not a wear mark through the black finish anywhere. So I cleaned the hell out of where it went into the slide and found a bunch of gunk. Figure I'll try again and see what happens. I see they have extra strong springs for sale (Wolf) so if cleaning doesn't do it maybe a stiffer spring.

Anyone else have experience with this problem, what are some suggestions. When I may a first contact with EEA they said change pin, spring, and extractor to new, Me I like to change things one at a time rather then throw parts at a problem.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version