!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Plum Crazy composite AR lowers  (Read 5924 times)

Offline WJN Firearms

• Industry Member
Plum Crazy composite AR lowers
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »
I have been able to sell the newer composite lower receivers manufactured by the Plum Crazy Firearms Co. of Arizona. These lowers are completely made of polymer, not unlike a Glock. What sets these apart are that they have little metal components in the entire assembly. Now, you might say that they couldn't last. There have been several torture tests posted online and not one significant failure has been reported. The PCF lower is 2 1/2 pounds lighter than conventional AR lowers. The trigger pull has been reported as crisper than standard factory trigger groups.

One point that many like is that the lower is completely made in the USA.

These lowers will mate with virtually any upper receiver manufactured by any company and caliber. There is one DOD contractor that I have provided a PCF lower for testing to see if it can be adapted for military applications.

The lower is sold complete with all working parts and a 6 position adjustable stock. Pricing is under $150 complete which makes it the lightest and cheapest complete lower receiver for Black Rifles on the market today.

The PCF lower also comes with a lifetime factory warranty on the receiver and all working parts. Buffer tube and stock are the only components not covered by the lifetime warranty, but how often do these parts fail?

Out of all that I and my distributor have sold, we have received absolutely no negative reports. One satisfied customer purchased one to mate with an upper he already had as part of a complete rifle purchase for his wife to use. She had reported to him that the rifle was too heavy initially, but after replacing the original lower with the PCF, it lightened the rifle enough to make it more comfortable and controllable for her to shoot. Now, she enjoys modern sporting rifle shooting with her husband on a regular basis.

For more info on the PCF AR lower receiver, contact me or your local dealer. There are few currently that sell the lower due to exclusivity, but we are out there.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 07:48:30 AM by WJN Firearms »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Plum Crazy composite AR lowers
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Plum Crazy composite AR lowers
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
Composite lowers made in Arizona?  Any chance these are made on Cavalry Arms' old machines (if the ATF has let go of them, that is)?

Offline scottishclaymore

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »
As it happens, I have one of these.

I picked the PCF up at a gun show, mostly because it was inexpensive and I figured it would be a fun, low-risk experiment. I've been shooting with the lower for about a year now, and I have to say that as far as entry-level lowers go its performance was impressive. With no failures of any kind, it was absolutely worth the $130 I paid for it new at the show.

Recently I've switched to a higher quality lower, but I'm planning on pulling the PCF out for a rimfire AR project soon. This is a good entry-level lower that is perfect for plinking or just if you want to get into the AR-15 game on the cheap (as I did).

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:52 AM »
Word on the street from TFB is that the ATF has declared Plum Crazy lowers to be illegal due to the ease with which the serial number can be removed.

Excerpt from the BATFE letter:
During the examination of the submitted AR- 15 type firearm receiver section (serial number RM00501 ), FTB also found that both the height and depth of the serial number markings are acceptable and thus compliant with§ 478.92. With respect to the adequacy of the attachment of the insert for this frame, the FTB evaluation revealed that the serial number consisted of a thin sheet of metal-like material and was attached to the surface of the embedded metal insert. This serial number was easily removed when a hammer and screw driver were used to peel the sheet off of the metal insert. This action took approximately 1 minute and caused no damage to the receiver. (See enclosed photos depicting the removal of the serial number insert.)

… the method used to attach the serial number insert (serial number RM00501) on the partial receiver sample is not compliant with Federal Law.

Read more at the link above.

Offline JammGear

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
    • Best of the best tactical gear and boots
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 09:17:48 AM »
Looks like plum crazy will have to change a process in manufacturing.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

http://jammgear.com/
http://tacticalfl.com