!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Wearables Tech (Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin, Galaxy Watch, Google Glass)  (Read 1175 times)

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
Anyone else do wearable tech (fitness related or otherwise)? There's a ton of them out there now, but I've only used watch style ones from Fitbit and Apple but I know Garmin and Samsung both have watches too and there are smart rings like Oura and Motiv that I think are just fitness trackers without all the other bells and whistles.

I've had a few Fitbits that varied from just basic pedometers to heartrate monitors, call ID, etc. but never had the "smart watch" Fitbits like Versa or Blaze. I since switched to Apple Watch and the difference between that and my Fitbits is night and day.

I can make calls on it like Dick Tracy, use it like a walkie-talkie to talk to friends with watches, do messages and emails, track workouts, listen to music or audiobooks and lots of other stuff. It's got a heart rate monitor (so did Fitbit) but also EKG and SPO2 sensors (although I can't imagine the SPO2 works as good as a fingertip one). It has sensors that warn if you're in loud environments for too long. I leave Fall Detection turned off since I take some good thumps in daily life, but it can send your location and info to emergency contact if it notices that you fell and you don't respond to it. 

GunLink Discussion Forums