!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Doctors Have Constitutional Right To Talk To Patients About Firearms  (Read 4018 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• Team GunLink
  • GunLink Member
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/19/florida-doctors-can-ask-patients-about-guns-court-rules.html

The 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a Florida law, which prohibited doctors from asking patients about firearms and ammunition unless under certain circumstances, is in violation of the doctors' First Amendment rights.

Judge Adalberta Jordan wrote, "There is no actual conflict between the First Amendment rights of doctors and medical professionals and the Second Amendment rights of patients."

The ruling did allow come parts of the law to remain such as permitting patients to decline to answer and a provision that prohibits health insurance companies from denying coverage or increasing premiums for clients that lawfully own firearms.

The case will return to US District Court in Miami, FL. It is unclear if the case will appealed, which would send it to the Supreme Court.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline JamesCollins

• GunLink Member
Re: Doctors Have Constitutional Right To Talk To Patients About Firearms
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »
Interesting find. I never even considered this.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• Team GunLink
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 09:48:56 PM »
I remember when the nurse asked me how often I wear my seatbelt, followed by if we had firearms in the house.   My answer to both was why, and she just went to the next question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 11:44:34 AM »
And I've got the right to tell them to fck off. Bring on the red flags, I guess.

They'd probably figure it out on their own when they see the holster, though.

Offline JamesCollins

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
I think somethings up with the questioning at the hospital I will say- it’s all over the place