!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: What IWB carry position do you like most?  (Read 1726 times)

Offline noobgunner

• GunLink Member
What IWB carry position do you like most?
« on: July 11, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »
Ok so I'm finally getting use to having a gun inside my waistband and experimenting with different carry positions. What position is best for comfort and how easy it is to pull the gun out? I have been trying to put my Comptac Infidel somewhere between the seam and hip pocket of my pants (3 to 5 o-clock) and it just isn't very comfortable because it digs into my side. I can adjust the angle but I don't know what difference that makes or if it will make it more comfortable. 

GunLink Discussion Forums

What IWB carry position do you like most?
« on: July 11, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »

Offline Charlotte

• GunLink Member
Re: What IWB carry position do you like most?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 01:14:01 AM »
These forums helped me to get more information and develop more knowledge.

Offline masfonos

Re: What IWB carry position do you like most?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »
Almost always strong side around 4 o'clock. Sometimes that will change based on carry needs, I might adjust the exact position on my strong side or even switch to AIWB, but not often. Adjusting the cant angle can help with both things you mention plus how well it conceals. Strong side, about a 10-15 degree forward cant makes it easier to draw and it tends to hide a little better. AIWB, it hides a little better with a forward cant but is harder to draw and less comfortable where a backwards cant will make it more comfortable and easier to draw but it will be more noticeable.

I've heard of the infidel but I'm not really familiar with it. I'd guess that you're just probably going to have comfort issues with that style of holster no matter what. If you want it to be really comfortable, you're going to have to get a different holster or get used to that one.