!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Ruger SR1911  (Read 2507 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Ruger SR1911
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »
Coming Soon...

Introducing the RUGER SR1911, a classically styled pistol designed with all of the modern manufacturing advances that you have come to expect from Ruger. Accurate, rugged and reliable, the SR1911 is 100% American-made in American factories with American workers. Enthusiasts enjoy. Competition beware.

Available May 2011

Looks interesting.  I may have to think about getting one of these to check out. 

What do you think about it?

GunLink Discussion Forums

Ruger SR1911
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »

Offline Uncle Buck

Re: Ruger SR1911
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »
With a MFg Suggested Retail Price of around $800.00 I would seriously consider getting one.  I do not yet have a .45 ACP in my collection.  Depends on how it feels in my hands.

Offline masfonos

Re: Ruger SR1911
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 02:11:59 PM »
That's something I'd definitely think about.  I've wanted a 1911 for a while and my girl wants one too (although I'm not sure she'd like shooting it much, she wants it because it's "pretty").

I've been looking at RIA and other not-so-expensive 1911; I sure don't need a several thousand dollar Kimber or Wilson Combat.  Made in the USA is a nice touch too.  I would guess that the real price will be a fair chunk under the MSRP.  Once these hit the used market they should be in a real nice price range.

I'll hold off for some others to try them out first though to work out the kinks.  Didn't the LCP have some hiccups at first?