!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: HELLO  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Rusty39

HELLO
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
Hi All,
I found this site via JPFO, of which I am a member. I'm a senior citizen who
enjoys shooting as a recreation, as well as staying proficiant, so that I will feel
more comfortable in using my weapon for self defense. I've heard several arguments concerning bullet caliber for self defense. I personally feel that bullet placement is just, if not more important, than the caliber.  I'm learning something new every day, and am sure that it will be the same on this forum.

GunLink Discussion Forums

HELLO
« on: January 26, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: HELLO
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:01:03 PM »
Hi, Rusty.  Welcome to the forums.  While it's true that a .22 short whizzing by a bad guy's head will hurt just as little as a 10mm whizzing by his head and "Only Hits Count", when you do hit, the caliber can make a big impact (lame pun intended).

Be sure to check out the 9mm v 45 poll thread and the FBI data we posted on Terminal Ballistics and Handgun Wounding Factors.

Stay safe and keep hitting the range!  We look forward to seeing you around the forums.