!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: 2015 NRAAM - NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits - April 10-12, 2015 - Nashville, TN  (Read 11546 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
2015 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits
#NRAAM
April 10-12, 2015 Nashville, TN
Music City Center
http://www.nraam.org

Music City Center
201 5th Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37203

Exhibit Hall Hours
Friday, April 10: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 11: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 12: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

The Exhibit Hall is FREE to NRA Members and their immediate family.
If you are not an NRA member you will be required to join before the show or when you arrive (save $10 here).

Registration Hours:
Thursday, April 9   2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday, April 10   8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 11   8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 12   9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Check out some of the highlights from the 2014 NRAAM here

From the NRAAM website:
During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:29:30 PM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Don't forget that all you need to get into the NRAAM is an NRA membership.  The exhibits are free for NRA members and their immediate family.

If you aren't an NRA member or if you need to renew CLICK HERE to join or renew for only $25 ($10 off the usual price).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNpDBQX6z6A[/youtube]

Are you Going?

Offline masfonos

I found good info last year that made planning for getting around NRA show in Indy fairly easy so I found some info to post for this year's show. I hope to get to go check it out this year. Hopefully this helps out others too.
Music City Center parking info is at http://nashvillemusiccitycenter.com/parking
The site says they have 1800 spaces with 24/7 security with automated pay in/out so you don't' need an attendant. Site says "garage is located on 6th Avenue and Demonbreun, directly across from the south entrance to Bridgestone Arena, and we are within easy walking distance to all downtown attractions. There are three entrances to the garage: one on 7th & Demonbreun and two on 6th Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Boulevard.
0-4 Hours $7
4-10 Hours $12
Daily Max $18
Lost Ticket $18
so you'll probably end up getting hit for $12 a day

Map and directions t http://nashvillemusiccitycenter.com/directions-map
NORTH: From the North on I-65—Take I-65 South toward Nashville. Keep left to continue on I-24 East. Follow signs for I-24/I-40 E/Chattanooga/Knoxville. Take exit 49 for Shelby Avenue. Turn left onto Shelby Avenue. Continue onto Korean Veterans Boulevard. Located on right at 600 Korean Veterans Boulevard. Turn right on 6th Avenue for entrances to the garage.
SOUTH: From the South on I-65—Take I-65 North toward Nashville. Take I-65 North to I-40 East merge, exit 82B towards Knoxville and KEEP RIGHT. Immediately take exit 210C, 4th/2nd Avenue. Stay straight, and in the middle lane. Turn left onto 2nd Avenue South. Continue on 2nd Avenue until Koreans Veterans Boulevard, and turn left. Located on right at 600 Korean Veterans Boulevard. Turn right on 6th Avenue for entrances to the garage.
EAST: From the East on I-24—Take I-24 West toward Nashville/Birmingham. Keep left to continue on I-40 West, follow signs for Huntsville/Memphis/I- 65 South. Take exit 210C for 2nd Avenue toward 4th Avenue South. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for 2nd Avenue and turn right onto 2nd Avenue South. Continue on 2nd Avenue to Korean Veterans Boulevard and turn left. Located on right at 600 Korean Veterans Boulevard. Turn right on 6th Avenue for entrances to the garage.
WEST: From the West on I-24—Take I-24 East. Keep left to stay on I-24 East, follow signs for I-24/I-40 East/Chattanooga/Knoxville. Take exit 49 for Shelby Avenue. Turn left onto Shelby Avenue. Continue onto Korean Veterans Boulevard. Located on right at 600 Korean Veterans Boulevard. Turn right on 6th Avenue for entrances to the garage.
NORTHWEST: From the West on I-40—Take I-40 East toward Nashville. Take exit 209B toward Broadway/Demonbreun Street. Merge onto 14th Avenue North. Turn left onto Broadway. Turn right onto 8th Avenue. At the traffic circle, take the third exit onto Korean Veterans Blvd. Located on left at 600 Korean Veterans Boulevard. Turn left on 6th Avenue for entrances to the garage.
SOUTHWEST:From the East on I-40—Take I-40 West toward Nashville. Keep left to stay on I-40 West and follow signs for Huntsville/Memphis/I-65 South. Take exit 210C for 2nd Avenue toward 4th Avenue. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for 2nd Avenue and turn right onto 2ndAvenue South. Continue on 2nd Avenue to Koreans Veterans Boulevard and turn left. Located on right at 600 Korean Veterans Boulevard. Turn right on 6th Avenue for entrances to the garage.
I've been to Nashville a couple of times and there's a lot of nightlife. Will cross post in TN local board too to get ideas of what to do and any araes to avoid.

Offline masfonos

CCW is OK at the NRA Show but not where the concert is.  This is the response that they are sending out when asked
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your email. During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.
Have a great day,
NRA Shows and Exhibits Staff

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
Sounds like a good time.  It seems odd that Glock chose here to introduce G43 instead of SHOT since it seems like a lot of officers would want one for a BUG

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
We spoke with a number of companies at SHOT Show 2015 who had new products that were not ready for show time in January but were planing on unveiling them in Nashville.

GunLink staff has plans to not only cover the G43 from the NRAAM show floor, but also to get some trigger time behind the new pistol.

What else should we cover?

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
You are the Future of the Second Amendment! Take Control Now!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 11:35:04 AM »
Learn about the NRA, the Second Amendment, and the gun control debate at the Inaugural NRA Second Amendment Youth Leadership Conference! This FREE event will be held in conjunction with the 2015 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Nashville, TN on Friday, April 10th at 10 AM!

Geared toward the next generation of Second Amendment activists, this one-of-a kind event is an exciting opportunity for students and recent graduates to learn more about the Second Amendment and how to become an effective advocate on their campus and in their community!

Hear from NRA staff and special guest speakers about the importance of getting involved and the best practices to become an even more effective advocate for our gun rights.  Anti-gun billionaire elitists will stop at nothing to take away our rights and we need the ensure that the next generation of freedom fighters have the tools to succeed!

College students who attend will receive a one-year NRA membership, along with a chance to bring NRA to their campus! The first 100 students to register for the conference will receive a FREE commemorative shirt. All who attend will also have the opportunity to win additional NRA "swag" with free admission to the NRA Annual Meetings and special events!

Event Details:

What: Inaugural Second Amendment Youth Leadership Conference
When: Friday, April 10th | 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Where: Omni Nashville Hotel in Legends Ballroom ABC
How: Click Here to Register

Attendance is FREE, but in anticipation of high turnout for this first-of-its-kind event, pre-registration is strongly recommended.  Don't let this opportunity pass you by and be sure to invite your friends!

We look forward to seeing you in Nashville!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:37:00 AM by GunLink »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
We spoke with a number of companies at SHOT Show 2015 who had new products that were not ready for show time in January but were planing on unveiling them in Nashville.

GunLink staff has plans to not only cover the G43 from the NRAAM show floor, but also to get some trigger time behind the new pistol.

What else should we cover?

Is there anything that may interest other female shooters out there?

Offline masfonos

It looks like they are recommending people park in lot D at LP field across the river. It is $10 for all day and there is a free shuttle back and forth from the LP lot to Music City Center that runs 6:30a-7p on Friday and Saturday and 7a-6p on Sunday. If it's nice, there's a pedestrian bridge across for a 3/4 mile walk. It's currently 90%, 0%, 40% chance of rain on fri/sat/sun.

Directions to LP Field:
From Interstate 24 (north and south), take exit 49 towards Shelby Avenue (stadium exit). Turn left on Shelby Avenue towards the stadium. Lot D will be on your right and can be accessed via Shelby Avenue, Interstate Drive, or South 2nd Street.
A free shuttle service will be available each day of the show and will pick up and drop off at lot D.

Also hotel shuttles

Friday, April 10, 2015 8:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday, April 11, 2015 8:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday, April 12, 2015 9:00am – 6:00pm

Green Route:
Union Station Hotel (3 blocks away from MCC)
Holiday Inn Express Downtown (3 blocks away from MCC)
Homewood Suites Downtown (3 blocks away from MCC)
Sheraton Nashville Downtown (4 blocks away from MCC)
Capitol Hotel (used to be Best Western) (4 blocks away from MCC)
Music City Center

Blue Route:
Hutton Hotel (1.2 m from MCC)
Loews Vanderbilt Hotel (1.6 m from MCC)
Homewood Suites Vanderbilt (2m from MCC)
Marriott Vanderbilt (2m from MCC)
Holiday Inn Vanderbilt (2m from MCC)
Music City Center

Red Route:
Embassy Suites (1m from MCC)
Hilton Garden Inn Vanderbilt (1 m from MCC)
Home2Suites Vanderbilt (1.2 m from MCC)
Aloft Vanderbilt (1.3 m from MCC)
Hotel Indigo Downtown (5 blocks from MCC)
Doubletree Hotel Nashville (5 blocks from MCC)
Courtyard by Marriott Downtown (4 blocks from MCC)
Music City Center

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:27:02 PM by masfonos »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Trying to figure out which NRAAM visitors to see?  Here are some that we have visited with before and plan to visit again.  Booth numbers follow company names.

GLOCK Inc. - 633
Of course, everyone will be excited to see the new single stack 9mm, the G43.

Advanced Armament Corp (AAC) - 2033
AAC is coming out with new silencers for 2015.

N82 Tactical - 957
Comfortable single-clip IWB holsters.  They are also now the manufacturers of Magna-Arm mounts

Silencer Co - 857
New cans, including the Salvo shotgun suppressor.

Taurus - 2517
See Taurus' new CCW guns, as well as a wide range of other companies that they have taken over.

Remington - 1925
Check out the Model 700-based, 300 yard muzzle loader!

Brownells - 1800
Check out Brownells EDGE - the Amazon Prime of guns. Sign up for the program (or more info about it) and get a chance to win a gun.

MyCaseBuilder - 217
Custom case foam.  How GunLink carry pieces travel in style.

Project Appleseed - 149
Learn about history.  Improve your marksmanship.  What's not to love? Learn more in our Appleseed discussion board.

CMMG - 2649
We hope we get to see the MK47 Mutant again!

Kel-Tec - 2711
Check out our P11 project above.  Stop by the booth to see the new carbine of the PMR30, the CMR30.  Be sure to check out the redesigned SUB2000 too.

LaserLyte - 761
Laser training and shooting aids from LaserLyte.

Sticky Holsters - 1760
Sticky holsters have grown their offerings from the original.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:34:10 AM by GunLink »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Ladies will want to check out the Lady's Zone at the Remington Booth. Examples of hand guns, rifles and shotguns are available that are better fitting for women.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Check out the Promo code/coupon thread in general talk for some specials that were offered during the show.