!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: The 5 Best-Selling Handguns of 2016  (Read 2875 times)

Offline masfonos

The 5 Best-Selling Handguns of 2016
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:55:55 AM »

These five guns indicate that smaller, concealable weapons remain much more popular than larger ones.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/11/26/the-5-best-selling-handguns-of-2016.aspx

2016 looks like it will be a record year for gun sales. The number of NICS background checks for firearm purchases has risen annually for 18 straight months, hitting 22.2 million at the end of October versus 23.1 million in 2015.

Analysts expect Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) and Sturm Ruger (NYSE:RGR) -- the only two publicly traded gunmakers in the U.S. -- to respectively grow their revenues by 26% and 13% this year. Let's take a look back at the five top selling handguns of the year, as listed by Gunbroker.com, and what they tell us about today's American firearm market.

1. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
2. Ruger LCP
3. Springfield XD-S
4. SIG Sauer P938
5. Glock 19

The key takeaways
The popularity of these five handguns indicates that smaller concealed carry weapons will likely remain more popular than larger pistols. With the Republicans now in control of the presidency and congress, investors and gun owners might assume that gun sales will rise over the next four years.

However, gun sales tend to surge with the threat of tighter gun controls, which would more likely occur under a Democrat administration. As a result, analysts expect Smith & Wesson's sales to rise just 1% next year and Ruger's sales to fall 14%. Therefore, these five guns will likely stay popular, but year-over-year comparisons might look weak over the next few years.

GunLink Discussion Forums

« on: November 28, 2016, 11:55:55 AM »

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
Re: The 5 Best-Selling Handguns of 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
I have all but one the Ruger.  On one hand having less threat of gun control might make people stop buying as many but I think that all those guns that got sold introduced a lot of new shooters to guns and now there is a bigger market. Crime isn't stopping and more and more people have their CCL now than ever before.  Reciprocity will sell more pistols too.

Offline masfonos

Re: The 5 Best-Selling Handguns of 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »
I have a couple, but I want the Sig.

I'll tell you what I wouldn't mind now that the pressure has eased up:  some of the new AR builders to give it a rest and the industry to come up with something innovative.