!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: FL Teachers Can Be Armed in School  (Read 1865 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
FL Teachers Can Be Armed in School
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:07:27 PM »
https://www.usnews.com/news/education-news/articles/2019-05-09/florida-gov-ron-desantis-signs-bill-to-allow-teachers-to-carry-a-firearm-in-school

Last week, FL governor signed a bill into law that will expand who can carry
A firearm at a school.  Before this, law required each school to have one armed person on site.  The law did not allow for teachers to be the armed person though. 

Interestingly, the district that contains Parkland was opposed to the law.  Didn’t the armed officers stay outside while unarmed teachers attempted to attack the shooter? 

A lot of people of FB were against this, apparently arming teachers means frustrated teachers are going to shoot their students.  If you think you might shoot a student out of frustration, maybe you shouldn’t be teaching.

Thoughts?   Good idea or bad idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunLink Discussion Forums

FL Teachers Can Be Armed in School
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:07:27 PM »

Offline MutantMaker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: FL Teachers Can Be Armed in School
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:54:25 AM »
I think if the teacher can legally own and carry a weapon to begin with, he should be allowed to carry at work. I do think additionally training is needed because of the school environment and the number of bystanders. But I think that this option allows armed teachers to coordinate a different plan in emergencies and they are already on scene. No waiting and hoping for law enforcement to respond