!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court Hearings  (Read 2931 times)

Offline ThatGuy762x51

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court Hearings
« on: September 05, 2018, 10:56:38 AM »
Is anyone else watching any of this? Opening remarks were yesterday and all the democrat senators are doing is complaining that Kavanaugh is not worthy of Supreme Court because Trump nominated him. They don't have any real reasons to not want him on the bench so they go full Never Trump mode. Crazy!

I hope he gets confirmed and then I hope RBG retires for another nomination.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court Hearings
« on: September 05, 2018, 10:56:38 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court Hearings
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »
One of the guys complained ad nauseum about how awful it was that SCOTUS members nominated by republicans sided with "republican interests" (like deregulation in industry, siding with "big guns" for no gun control) so many times out of so many total cases while all of the justices nominated by democrats sided with none of them... like that's a bad thing.

I'd call that a clue. I think that an honest look at those cases would probably show that republican appointees side with EXISTING LAW and act WITHIN THE CONSTITUTION, like the SCOTUS is supposed to while democrat appointees try to rewrite laws and legislate from the bench. His whole point was that Kavanaugh was nominated by "Donald John Trump!" and they couldn't have that because he wouldn't rule in favor of progressive rewrites of the rule of law.

Literally insane.

Offline Rimfire86

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 02:26:56 PM »
To be honest, the Dems have no real hope of being able to stop this appointment.

So what they are doing is grandstanding and pandering to their audience.  The entire Dem platform seems to be based on hating Trump.

I am sure their speech writers worked up plenty of quotes that would not exceed the 140 character count for twitter.  Those quotes have already been typed into the system so that their loyal minions can retweet and regurgitate them ad nauseam. 

The MSM will have plenty of sound bytes to show over the next several days to further push the sheep into a hatred of all things Trump

Offline ThatGuy762x51

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 02:40:57 PM »
The entire Dem platform seems to be based on hating Trump.

QFT!

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real! It's incredible to watch it happen over and over.

Offline Rimfire86

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 04:08:46 PM »
The Dems are already kicking themselves for  eviscerating the power of the filibuster five years ago in order to push more Obama appointees throught and are already pledging to reinstate it once they have regained control of the Senate

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 05:50:48 PM »
I haven’t been able to watch much of their hearing.  But what I have seen, the Dems know they can’t stop it and that he’s a good candidate.  Heck, the worst thing the media could find when it was announced was in high school, he wrote in a yearbook that he was treasurer of keg city.  Seriously, if that’s the worst, there’s nothing there. 

Since they can’t stop it, they’re making a show for their base for re election.  It’s almost funny but mostly sad that we have fallen this far from what we should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MutantMaker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:53:59 PM »
My mother is even watching the hearings and she likes Kavanaugh. She didn’t watch any for the last one but she kept texting me to ask why are they are just talking and not asking questions.  I had to tell her to pay attention to party.  She couldn’t believe it.  I’m slowly converting her away from the Democrat party.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
Circus side show, and none of it matters... he's getting confirmed and there's nothing they can do about it. 

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 11:17:24 AM »
I watched part of Blumenthals Q&Q.  He kept asking questions and then cutting Kavanaugh off before he answered with another question.  When he finally let him answer, it was a yes or no question and as soon as he said yes or no, he cut him off again.

I was entertained.  I think Kavanaugh handles himself well.

Offline Rimfire86

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 08:24:06 PM »
Even David Brooks of the New York Times had to concede that there are no skeletons in Kavanaugh's closet, he is not the demon that the "progressives" are trying to paint him to be , and that he has extensive and highly respected legal career

Offline ThatGuy762x51

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:21:52 PM »
Where's David Brooks now? lol

Wow, who would have though it could get any crazier. It's Anita Hill round two. Out of the woodwork comes some woman who says he assaulted her 36 years ago. And she didn't tell anyone when:

- it happened
- after it happened
- for the rest of high school
- when he was at Yale
- when he was a law clerk
- when he worked at independent counsel office
- when he wrote the Starr Report
- when he worked for White House Counsel
- when he was White House Staff Secretary
- when he was US Court of Appeals circuit judge in DC

It's not like he hasn't been in the public eye. No... she just now decides to speak up when the rest of the democrats efforts to block him failed. It's nuts!

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 10:31:23 PM »
It’s the last resort tactic for Dems nowadays.  Because now, for whatever reason, it’s up to him to prove his innocence instead of being innocent until proven guilty.