!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Sessions and Second Amendment  (Read 2363 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• Team GunLink
  • GunLink Member
Sessions and Second Amendment
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »
During his confirmation hearing a couple of weeks ago, Senator Sessions was asked what his thoughts on the second amendment were.

his response:
“Well, I do believe the Second Amendment is a personal right. It’s a historic right of the American people, and the Constitution protects it and explicitly states it. It’s just as much a part of the Constitution as any of the other great rights and liberties that we value. So, my record is pretty clear on that.”

GunLink Discussion Forums

Sessions and Second Amendment
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• Team GunLink
  • GunLink Member
Re: Sessions and Second Amendment
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »
During his confirmation hearing a couple of weeks ago, Senator Sessions was asked what his thoughts on the second amendment were.

his response:
“Well, I do believe the Second Amendment is a personal right. It’s a historic right of the American people, and the Constitution protects it and explicitly states it. It’s just as much a part of the Constitution as any of the other great rights and liberties that we value. So, my record is pretty clear on that.”

He went on to say:
However, people can forfeit their right to have a gun and it can be a factor in receiving sentences and being prosecuted if you carry a gun, for example, during a commission of a crime. That can add penalty and convictions to you. I think that’s a legitimate and responsible restraint on the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.[\quote]