!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Changes in Taurus Pistol Lines - Yay or Nay?  (Read 4034 times)

Offline Gunz

• Industry Member
  • Louisville-based FFL dealer
    • Gunz Inc.
Changes in Taurus Pistol Lines - Yay or Nay?
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:46:57 AM »
It looks like the Taurus product development team is keeping pretty busy.

First they updated the popular PT-111 G2 to the no-lock G2C. They're also moving their j-frame sized model 85 line of 5 shot revolvers to the 856 6 shot models and ending production on the PT700 series single stack pistols.

One of their new semi-autos, the hammer-fired TH9, comes in full (17+1) and compact (13+1) size models with Novak sights, interchangeable back straps, finger grooves, and a 2- or 1-slot rail depending on size. It feels similar to a Walther with the shape of the grip and finger grooves.

They also came out with a single stack G2S model, which looks pretty much exactly like the PT-111/G2C except for being thinner.  This is apparently the replacement for the PT709 and looks like it is trying to compete with the S&W Shield.

Anyone shot one of the new pistols? Think Taurus is on the right track or are they wandering off into the weeds?  They seem to be pretty well built pistols and very popular at the prices they sell for.
(502) 935-GUNZ
10970 Dixie Hwy
Louisville, KY
www.GunzInc.com
Facebook
Twitter

GunLink Discussion Forums

Changes in Taurus Pistol Lines - Yay or Nay?
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:46:57 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Changes in Taurus Pistol Lines - Yay or Nay?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 11:16:47 AM »
I've handled both. The TH9 is pretty nice but not my cup of tea for carry. The single stack is pretty compact. They seem to be trying to go after S&W Shield's market at a lower cost but it is is nowhere near as comfortable to hold as the shield and I doubt if it shoots as well either. I had a PT-111 and it was a pretty decent budget pistol and the G2S probably is as well.

Offline Paulettex

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 04:03:53 AM »
What new things have happened to tell me how much development has been made today?

Offline marktucker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »
I think they changed all the small revovlers too.  I think the 85s are gone and they only do six round guns.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:21:37 AM by marktucker »

Offline Panther97

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 10:59:31 AM »
I think they changed all the small revovlers too.  I think the 85s are gone and they only do six round guns.

The revolver changes are in the 2nd line of the OP

Offline marktucker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »
I guess I skipped over that part to the pictures of semis

Offline Rimfire86

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 01:56:45 PM »
I am still champing at the bit for them to actually release the the 692 revolver (38/.357 convertible to 9mm with cylinder swap).

They hyped the hell out if it at last years Shot Show, and still not shipping them (yet)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:58:35 PM by Rimfire86 »

Offline marktucker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 04:45:43 PM »
I am still champing at the bit for them to actually release the the 692 revolver (38/.357 convertible to 9mm with cylinder swap).

They hyped the hell out if it at last years Shot Show, and still not shipping them (yet)

That sounds fun. If the price is right (and it usually is for most Taurus revolvers) I might be interested in that if it's a good size for carrying.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 04:44:21 PM »

We are just about to drop the 2019 SHOT Show threads. Be sure to drop us a reminder there once they are up and we'll swing by and prod them a little for more info.

Offline GunLink_SHOT_19

• Global Moderator
  • SHOT Show 2019 Coverage
    • GunLink SHOT Coverage
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 11:23:39 AM »

We are just about to drop the 2019 SHOT Show threads. Be sure to drop us a reminder there once they are up and we'll swing by and prod them a little for more info.

🤘  http://gunl.ink/SHOTforum  🤘

Message me to see your company here during our 2019 Show coverage!