!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Is Amazon working with BATFE? Illegal full auto glock conversion  (Read 2634 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
http://newstarget.com/2017-09-14-amazon-com-caught-illega-full-auto-gun-parts-atf-felony-crimes.html

According to this article, Amazon has been working with BATFE to  sell illegal full auto parts kits t customers, to get them arrested for possessing machine guns. The article includes many screen shots of the item.

If it's just a parts kit, can they get you for "intent to build"?  What if you really have an airside pistol that you wanted to upgrade? Some of the comments following the article said the part has been removed (I was unable to locate it) and there was a debate there on whether or not this is actually illegal. What are your thoughts? Does this make you shop at Amazon less?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:35:18 AM by LivingDeadGirl »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
Re: Is Amazon working with BATFE?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:29:34 AM »
I saw a article about that on a different "news" site but haven't seen anything about it on any "real" news sites not that they would cover it.  If it's actually a full auto conversion I wouldn't put it past Amazon to work with the feds but I think its probably something less shady.  Either a part that just works with airsoft guns or a stupid seller.

I don't know if just having it is illegal if it's a parts kit or if you don't have a Glock.  They sell suppressor build kits that you just drill holes in and it's ok.  I definitely wouldn't buy one!!  If it really is illegal I hope that nobody bought one thinking it was OK since it was on Amazon and gets in trouble.

Offline masfonos

Re: Is Amazon working with BATFE? Illegal full auto glock conversion
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 04:05:49 PM »
If the part really is a conversion that works on a real Glock pistol, then I'd guess that the part itself is the machine gun like a R/DIAS for an AR.  100% illegal to buy or possess, with or without owning a Glock, with or without intent to install it in a Glock, and probably with or without a SOT unless you have a post sample LE letter.  It's completely different from silencer build kits because you can legally build a silencer if you have an approved Form 1, so there is a legal use for them.  You can't build a machinegun legally.

There is an instagram account that is always advertising Glock auto sear conversion switches.  I think they're 80% "paperweights" though that require very minor finishing to complete them, but he's straight up advertising them as "full auto for $125, just email me" - which I fully assume is a fed trap.  http://www.instagram.com/suppressorgunse/ 

The bit about Jeff Bezos being some kind of puppet master with a grand war on 2A RKBA in cahoots with BATFE sounds ridiculous, though.  But nothing surprises me anymore either. 

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
Re: Is Amazon working with BATFE? Illegal full auto glock conversion
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »
that would be a awesome..... paperweight ;)