!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: SilencerCo $5 Suppressor Pouches  (Read 4617 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
SilencerCo $5 Suppressor Pouches
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »

SilencerCo has had their suppressor pouches on clearance for a while for the low, low price of just $5.  After kicking around the idea of getting one for a while, we finally pulled the trigger on what we hoped would be a better way of storing and carrying around cans and got in an order for pouches in S, M, and L sizes. 

These appear to be the same pouches that SiCo customers allegedly get when they register their suppressors with the company - discussion of whether or not they actually receive them aside.  They seem to be of high quality construction, even if the ones that we could find any markings on do say MADE IN CHINA.

All of the pouches are FDE in color and feature side-release buckle closure on the flaps and a snap-button release on the MOLLE strap on the back.  The buckles are fitted to an ample length of webbing that lets the flap be held firmly closed regardless of the length of can inside (within reason).

All of the hardware is pretty closely matched in color, with some minor variations between the pouches and even between the various parts on each pouch.  The FDE paint on the snap buttons appears to scratch through easily.  I didn't inspect them closely when they came out of the box, but I give SilencerCo the benefit of the doubt in that they shipped them in 100% condition, so I presume that they scratched through to expose metal just from laying them out here for these photos shortly after the unboxing. 

The flap also has a subdued FDE embroidered SilencerCo logo, which does not look bad or gaudy.

The overall construction looks good, although it is not consistent across the three sizes that we ordered.  All three appear to have an outer shell made of heavy nylon with the webbing and seams well stitched and hardware appropriately attached.  The large pouch has an additional liner that looks similar to a welding blanket and strikes me as being a bit more high quality than the others.  The Small and Medium pouches lack this liner and, instead, appear to have an interior consisting of rubberized nylon. 

In the Large model, the liner covers up the inside part of the snap button so that the suppressor held within is touching nothing but the liner.  Lacking this liner, the Small and Medium pouches have this piece of metal exposed, which I figured out after inserting and removing a suppressor for the first time and noticing the big, long (but mostly superficial) scratch down the length of the can.  Not cool, SilencerCo - but I guess that unless you try to keep your firearms, accessories, and tools in pristine safe-queen condition, this is not a deal breaking flaw.  The plan is to keep paperwork along the back side of the pouch anyway so, hopefully, any additional marring will be avoided.

Although none of the cans that will live in these pouches, comparisons can be made between the specks for the SiCo silencers listed for each size and compared to the specs of your own silencer.  In a very un-Goldilocks way, the small and large pouches fit their intended cans like a glove while the medium one does not quite let the flap close far enough to overlap over the main pouch.

All in all, we give them a Thumbs Up.  All of them are a great buy at $5, especially the lined Large model, and would almost certainly cost significantly more to buy elsewhere.

GunLink Discussion Forums

SilencerCo $5 Suppressor Pouches
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »