!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: "Sportsman" quits NRA. With friends like these...  (Read 2594 times)

Offline tassels

"Sportsman" quits NRA. With friends like these...
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »
Sayonara, don't let the door hit you on the way out

http://www.thepilot.com/news/2013/jan/06/sportsman-quit-nra/

This Sportsman Quit the NRA

I was a member of the NRA beginning at age 13, was taught gun safety and shot competitively. I have hunted all my life and have several rifles and shotguns.

The NRA has changed since then to represent gun collectors and militias, not sportsmen.

My recommendations for starters are as follows:

Assault rifles should be banned for sale to the public. Those owned should be confiscated.

Magazines for guns over five rounds should be banned and confiscated.

Background checks should be made for all gun sales, with no exceptions. Training should be required as part of a firearm purchase.

I can defend my home if necessary with one gun and five cartridges. Why would anyone need an assault rifle?

Let’s hear from the assault rifle owners.

Ronald Davis
Pinehurst

GunLink Discussion Forums

"Sportsman" quits NRA. With friends like these...
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:24:41 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: "Sportsman" quits NRA. With friends like these...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:14:05 PM »
Isn't it great when people show their ignorance?  Ignorance of crime, ignorance of firearms, ignorance of the world in general.  I don't think Ronnie's departure is any great loss.

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

With all due respect, Mr. Davis, nobody really cares about your opinion.  Feel free to do some reading at http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/constitution if you don't like the BoR in its current form.

My recommendations for starters are as follows:
   1. Your asinine rantings should be banned from distributing to the public.  Those already distributed should be destroyed.
   2. Your computers, tablets and other devices used for posting ignorance to the internet should be banned and confiscated.
   3. IQ tests should be performed for all persons posting articles to news outlets, with no exceptions.  Your mental faculties are obviously and severely lacking.  Reading comprehension training should be required as part of the journalistic process.

These recommendations would not affect legitimate writers who use facts and logic, only incompetent hacks who vomit ignorance out into the ether via the internet which, by their own logic, should not be protected first amendment speech.

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »
NRA does not need fifth columnists like him in their ranks anyway although I doubt he was a member in the first place.  Age 13 was probably the first and last year he had a membership.