!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Gun prices around the US?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Gunz

• Industry Member
  • Louisville-based FFL dealer
    • Gunz Inc.
Gun prices around the US?
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »
We had a couple gentlemen from out of state visiting our showroom last week from Arizona and they were amazed at the prices we had (both in our store and the state in general). He said in their area, they couldn't touch the prices here.  He was talking like it was still October 2012!

What kind of prices are you all seeing in your areas? Just baseline prices on common guns like ARs, AKs, Glocks, etc.  Did the prices go up during the "panic" and never come down, or what?
(502) 935-GUNZ
10970 Dixie Hwy
Louisville, KY
www.GunzInc.com
Facebook
Twitter

GunLink Discussion Forums

Gun prices around the US?
« on: September 09, 2018, 10:07:53 AM »

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
Re: Gun prices around the US?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »
I'd expect to see AR for 500-600 for basic model and 800-900 for upgrade ones, around 550 for 9mm glock. Don't really ever look at AK

Offline Rimfire86

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 11:32:13 AM »
I think the gun prices in Kentucky have always been somewhat lower than a lot of other areas (as I often get friends asking for me to help find them deals)

I think this is due to several reasons:
1) The cost of overhead is lower here than in many other parts of the country due to lower real estate costs, lower cost of living, etc...
2) We have several of the largest online dealers in the US here in Kentucky - I know people all over the country that know Bud's in Lexington, Kentucky Gun Company in Bardstown, and Whittaker's in Owensboro.

This is great for the buying public, but tough for the smaller dealers to come up with competitive pricing as these 3 stores cover Western, Central, and somewhat Eastern parts of the state and puts a large percentage of the population within a 1~1.5 hour drive of at least one of these 3 stores.

While I always check the big 3 for prices, I actually wind up buying (and recommend others do as well) from a small handful of smaller locals.  Several of my LGS will at least meet the Big 3 pricing and often beat it.  Occasionally, they can't touch the pricing due to some volume purchase deal the others were able to take advantage of, but I still wind up at the locals - they remember the added business I brought there way and will give me extra deals on ammo, gear, etc... or handle a rare transfer at no charge.

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 11:35:27 AM »
I think you can build one from palmetto state for around $400 when on sale. Last time I looked in stores they was like $750 but that was a while ago. For an AR that is

Offline Rocksmix

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:51:43 PM »
Think about the story mentioned at this place. This fact should be received.