!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: how to adjust gun sites  (Read 2609 times)

Offline uberhop

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
how to adjust gun sites
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »
How do i adjust the sites on my gun? Like which way do i move them because i am hitting too far right and high. I am new to this!

GunLink Discussion Forums

how to adjust gun sites
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
Re: how to adjust gun sites
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »
It would help to know what kind of gun it is. At least whether its a pistol or rifle at minimum but brand and model would be most helpful.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »
If it's iron sights, some class that I took (Appleseed probably) told us to think about the rear sight as "our buddy" since it's closer to us. Move the rear sight in the same direction that you want your group to move "because you and your buddy want to do the same thing". Moving the front sight will move your group in the opposite direction than what you move it.

If the "buddy" thing doesn't work, just use your fingers.  Make a V with the fingers of one hand (rear sights) and use your index finger on your other hand (front sight).  Line them up like sights.  If you move your V to the left, you have to bring your finger to the left to get back into the notch, moving your muzzle (and group) to the left.

If it has a scope, it should be marked on the turrets how to adjust it.

Offline uberhop

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:05:20 PM »
IT is a 9 mm taurus 111 pistol.  I will try moving the sites i guess they have to go down and left to make them good. Thanks for your help.  :D

Offline masfonos

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
IT is a 9 mm taurus 111 pistol.  I will try moving the sites i guess they have to go down and left to make them good. Thanks for your help.  :D

Page 19 of your user manual says how to adjust your sights.  If you don't have one, it's online at http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/millennium-g2-manual.pdf

The back sight has two screws, the rear one adjusts elevation and the front one adjusts windage.  It looks like counterclockwise on the back screw will bring the group down and counterclockwise on the front screw will move it left.

Offline uberhop

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:51:31 PM »
Thank you for the help. I adjusted like in manual and its much better now. I got a good deal on and hope to shoot it a lot more.