!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

TekMat Chief Supply Tactical Apparel and Gear for Law, Fire, EMS, Military and Outdoors @chief

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Talk / Re: AAR-Armed American Radio
« Last post by masfonos on December 14, 2017, 09:26:22 PM »
I used to have a job where I did tedious, repetitive work for hours at a time so I'd fill the time listening to gun podcasts.  I haven't listened to them in a while, and I didn't listen to this one, but I found some pretty good ones like Tom Gresham on Gun Talk, Michael Bane on Downrange, Kenn Blanchard on Urban Shooter, and another guy I can't remember the name of who did a podcast from around Detroit, Michigan.  I think he was Mike somebody that rolled his thing into a gun podcast network.

ETA: the guy I was thinking of was Mark Vanderberg on Gun Rights Advocates - part of "Gun Rights Radio Network".  I think GRRN is gone but Mark still does a podcast.
Firearms Related / Springfield XD-E
« Last post by masfonos on December 14, 2017, 03:33:22 PM »
I remember when these came out and then they kind of disappeared. I saw one in person for the first time at my local store and handled it.  It felt like it handled OK but it seemed like the bore axis was awfully high, has anyone shot one? Is it snappy?

It also felt like the reset was longer than it needed to be and the decocker seemed backward from other ones I've played with. Instead of decocking when you put the safety on by moving the lever up, you had to pull it down past the neurtral/fire position to decock. I guess that's a "feature" so you can carry it with the hammer back and safety on to get a SA trigger pull with the first shot or have the option to drop the hammer.

If I was in the market for a new hammer fired pistol and if it wasn't made by 2A backstabbers, the XDE might be interesting.
General Talk / Re: AAR-Armed American Radio
« Last post by uberhop on December 14, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
I never heard of it before but I played a couple archive episodes and it was interesting. I will probably check out more when I get a chance. Thanks for th link
General Talk / Re: HB38 Vote Tomorrow
« Last post by Gunz on December 11, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »
National reciprocity is a good thing, but it only helps a little for KY.  Most places already recognize our CCDW permit and we recognize pretty much anywhere else that issues a CCDW.

Other Industry Members / Re: ROLL CALL - FFLs who do 3rd party transfers
« Last post by Gunz on December 11, 2017, 05:29:23 PM »
Gunz Inc. does transfers for Kentucky residents in the Louisville area!

Most of the big places should already have our FFL on file. If your shipper doesn't have our info and you need a transfer, let us know or give them our phone number so they can get in touch with us and we can send them what they need for you to pick up your firearm here.
General Talk / Re: HB38 National Reciprocity / Fix NICS Twitter Poll
« Last post by GunLink on December 11, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »
If you're on Twitter, hit our poll on what you think about the combined National Reciprocity and Fix NICS bill.

Don't forget to share WHY you have that opinion.

NSSF SHOT Show / Re: The Official GunLink 2018 SHOT Show Discussion Thread
« Last post by 1slickAR15 on December 11, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »
Yea! Lets see what companies have been sitting on for the last 8+ years! I hear Kimber will have new version of the revolver, Springfield is building a 6.7 M1A. There will be even more pistol caliber rifles this year but still not from Glock.
General Talk / Re: HB38 Vote Tomorrow
« Last post by 1slickAR15 on December 11, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »
I looked at bill text and still don't see what is so bad about it that has everyone so scared. Reciprocity is a good thing and I don't see how this bill makes NICS any worse than it already is.
Site Help / Re: Forum Basics - Posting Pictures and YouTube Videos
« Last post by GunLink on December 11, 2017, 01:16:26 PM »
Posting Photos

To post photos on the forums, the photo must be already hosted online with a photo host.  To include a photo in a post, the URL address to the image must be wrapped in [img][/img] tags.

One of the most popular sites that people use for embedding photos, PhotoBucket, made some changes a few months ago to prevent hotlinking/embedding images with free accounts. Images can still be hotlinked from PB with an (expensive) paid account, but there are a number of cheaper/free alternatives for photo hosting, including SmugMug, Flickr, ImageShack, IMGUR, PostImage, and others.

The point is, you have to have a photo hosted on a web server, and have a URL for the image - such as http://gunl.ink/img/PBbroken.jpg

You can use the button above the post editor (between and to add the BBCODE [img][/img] wrappers to the post. By default, it will place empty [img][/img] tags into your post that you should copy/paste your image URL into between the open and close IMG tags.  You can also paste in your image URL, highlight the URL, and click the button to automatically wrap it in [img][/img] tags.

For example, to embed the image at the URL http://gunl.ink/img/PBbroken.jpg, we:
(1) paste the URL into the post body,
(2) highlight it, and
(3) click the image tag button.

Posting YouTube Videos

To post YouTube viceos on the forums, you can use the button above the post editor to insert [youtube][/youtube] tags.

For example, to embed the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwnAmxR1Q6A, we can:

(1a) Clicking the youtube button inserts the YouTube open/close tags into the post (1a). You can then post the YouTube video URL* inside of the tags to embed it.

*YouTube gives you the URL with the HTTPS address. You will need to remove the "S" to make it "HTTP" for the embed to work.

Easier, you can
(2a) paste the URL into the post body,
(2b) remove the S in HTTPS to make it just HTTP
(3) highlight the url
(1) click the YouTube button to wrap the URL in the correct [youtube][/youtube] tags

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwnAmxR1Q6A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwnAmxR1Q6A</a>
Firearms Related / Re: how to adjust gun sites
« Last post by uberhop on December 11, 2017, 12:51:31 PM »
Thank you for the help. I adjusted like in manual and its much better now. I got a good deal on and hope to shoot it a lot more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chief Supply Tactical Apparel and Gear for Law, Fire, EMS, Military and Outdoors @chief TekMat