!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Neal Knox: The Gun Rights War - Chris Knox's collection of his father's writing  (Read 7551 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink

We are right smack dab in the middle of reading Neal Knox -- The Gun Rights War, Chris Knox's collection of his late father's prolific writing on the subject of gun rights, gun control and the plays and players on both sides of the issue.

We gave the book a quick, initial thumb-through and we are now part way through a complete cover-to-cover reading of the book.  Already it is abundantly clear that this collection should be required reading for anyone interested in gun rights history, preserving the freedoms we have left and gaining back those we've lost.  

Although we aren't finished with a cover-to-cover reading, we wanted to start this review thread early to not only serve as a place holder for a more thorough review once we're finished but also to let others know about the book sooner rather than later.  George Santayana once opined that "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  Given the current political climate, the diametrically opposed party platforms on gun rights in the upcoming elections and the anti-gunners' tired (and proven faulty) rhetoric, we thought that it was important to let others know about this great collection.

It is difficult to say whether it is more amusing, saddening or something else altogether how much some of the writings from decades ago mirror much more recent (and, to be sure, current) events.  While reading several of the articles, I found myself having to check the dateline several times to be sure that they weren't written about much more recent events.  While reading other articles arguing against then-proposed (and before-my-time) anti-gun legislation, I forgot that I wasn't reading a current events article and found myself thinking "I thought this horribly misguided policy was already law" before realizing "Oh, wait - I guess we lost that one."  Needless to say, those moments were definitely more saddening than amusing.

In the mean time until we get a full review, find other reviews and more information at the book's official website.

The history of the gun rights war, written as it happened by one of its key participants, Neal Knox. "The Gun Rights War" is a highlights reel of the Second Amendment in the latter half of the 20th century. Anyone who wants to understand the gun rights debate in America needs to read this book.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:14:06 PM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline masfonos

Will add this to my (already too long) reading list.

Offline SharpsShooter

I think I have that book around here somewhere purchased on the recommendation of an online friend a while ago.  I should find it and start reading it!

Offline ChrisKnox

• Industry Member
Many thanks for the kind mentions here and in Twitter!  I lurk a bit on this forum, or you can reach me through our web site, http://firearmscoalition.org.  Questions or comments are always welcome. 

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Great to see you here, Chris!  Will you be at SHOT again this year?  If so, don't forget to check in here.