!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: You can't open carry if you have a concealed carry license?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline uberhop

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
You can't open carry if you have a concealed carry license?
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:31:33 PM »
Talking to someone the other day they told me that if you have a concealed carry permit then you have to carry it concealed instead of open carry.  Is that true? They made it sound like if your gun even comes uncovered then you can get in trouble if you have a conceal license.

GunLink Discussion Forums

You can't open carry if you have a concealed carry license?
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:31:33 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: You can't open carry if you have a concealed carry license?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:56:26 AM »
I've heard that mentioned before, but haven't ever seen any laws to that effect.This would be a state issue.  The three states where I spend most of my time have both licensed CCW and unlicensed open carry and there is no requirement to keep it concealed just because you have the license. 

I've carried in many states and I try to figure out all of the laws there before I go. Because of where I'm going and what I'm doing there (mostly for work), I am always very careful to always keep it well concealed, so I haven't looked specifically for prohibition on "printing" or coming uncovered in those states but on the other hand I don't recall having seen that while reading through laws.