!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Strugis Rally  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Chazzar10

• marketplace
Strugis Rally
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »
I went to the Strugis rally yesterday, and did not see any pro gun 2nd amendment displays  setup anywhere. I had seen hellangels display, various product displys and a nazi party book signing table at the converntion center. Boy did I want to say a bunch of stuff to those Dam nazi bast---s . anyway we should have had a pro 2nd amendment display to promote gun rights and all personel freedom rights guarenteed to all of us, so we can continue and always protect ourselves from these extermists groups that seek to do us harm. Having been the victim of a gang beating when I was 12. I do not know how many their was but, I do know the importance of self protection after this happnened and thats how I still operate now. Lets see what we can do to change it, and have a display next time at the rally thanks for reading  Chazzzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:53:16 AM by Chazzar10 »
Live Free or Die

GunLink Discussion Forums

Strugis Rally
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:08:13 PM »

Offline 1slickAR15

Re: Strugis Rally
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »
Thats interesting.  It is hard to believe that with the freedom-loving attitude of the crowd at Sturgis there wouldn't be something set up to promote gun rights.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »
I've never been to the Sturgis rally, but I bet it would be a lot of fun.  I agree that the motorcycle/biker crowd are usually big time freedom lovers so it seems like it might be a good base to appeal to for promoting second amendment rights.

The only thing I can think of why there might not be a pro 2nd amendment display could be because the organizations might look at the Sturgis crowd as 1%-ers and they don't want to be associated with the outlaw MC types.  Any sort of trouble before/during/after/around/etc. the rally or involving rally participants could give a black eye to those types of organizations or displays promoting firearms rights (even if it is promoting safe, lawful exercise of those rights).

It might be a good place to hand out the "grandpa jacks" that were discussed in this thread or other pro 2A material.

Offline Chazzar10

• marketplace
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 12:08:36 AM »
Thats something I will look into, I would like to help promote our gun rights! Thanks  Chazz
Live Free or Die

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
Send them here, of course  ;)

with these

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
It is also possible that to get a space for the Sturgis Rally the price would be way to high.  Who is going to foot the bill for the booth and the hand-out?

But I do agree it would be a great place to do such a thing.  Sturgis has changed so much from the past when it was mostly just 1%'ers and other "trouble makers".

Offline Chazzar10

• marketplace
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
That is something I would look into, If a person is handing out booklets or flyers and not selling anything the cost should not be that high. Some pro-right organizations like JFPO are non-profit and should be able to get a discount. Their are side streets off the main drag that people walk down to get to the main street and would make decent place to setup a table. If all else fails I could take a backpack and walkaround handing out progun and gun rights organizations pamflets.

Your right the majority is law abiding biker folks with no gang affliation. My analogy to them would be how would bikers like the government to outlaw motorcycles to try and eliminate outlaw motorcycle gangs. Or restrict the speed or what accessories you could have, in the false assuption that it would somehow control outlaw motorcycle gangs. Just like the Federal and State Governments try with firearms control laws and fail horribly.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:52:18 AM by Chazzar10 »
Live Free or Die