!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Ulticlip Holster (belt?) Clips  (Read 5238 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Ulticlip Holster (belt?) Clips
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »
We got a chance to try out Ulticlip's new upgraded holster clip recently and we did a review of it on the GunLink Blog.  If you are having problems with (or concerned about) your holster coming out of your pants when you draw, shifting around to a different position, or staying put with off-body carry, then it's worth a look.

Low Profile UltiClip Offers Deep Concealment, Improved Retention

Florida-based Ulticlip claimed that they intended to “bring concealed carry into the 21st Century.”  As far as we can tell, they’ve done a pretty good job of modernizing one of the integral components of many holsters:  the belt clip.  Check that.  Calling it a “belt clip” might not be all that accurate since the Ulticlip allows something somewhat uncommon:  CCW without a belt.
[...]
The Ulticlip makers claim three main benefits of the upgraded belt clip:  “ultimate retention, ultimate concealment, and ultimate versatility.”  Let’s take a look at how they do in reaching these three goals. 
[...]
For the model in which it is meant to be used – without any belt, under a belt, over a thinner belt, etc. – it excels.  Ulticlip nails their three main goals of retention, concealment, and versatility and goes beyond that with additional benefits.  Although it may not be for every person or every CCW setup, if you feel like your stock holster clip just isn’t doing it for you, this may be the answer you are seeking.  If making absolutely sure that your holster stays where you put it or carrying IWB without a belt is what you are after, the Ulticlip is almost certainly your answer.  At around $10 – not too far from the cost of standard clips – the 100% American made clips are worth a shot.  You can find dealers or order directly at their website, www.ulticlip.com.
  Read full review on GunLink Blog

GunLink Discussion Forums

« on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:20 AM »

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: Ulticlip Holster (belt?) Clips
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:01 AM »
I've Demo'ed a competitive brand.
I will be writing a review this spring since I've used it a few months now. I'll be wearing it under my Ralph Lauren Jacket in the 2:30 position on 2/13/16 when my Wife and I re-state our vows for our 10th wedding anniversary......I will be doing double duty that day as both the "Groom" and head of safety....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »
I've Demo'ed a competitive brand.
I will be writing a review this spring since I've used it a few months now. I'll be wearing it under my Ralph Lauren Jacket in the 2:30 position on 2/13/16 when my Wife and I re-state our vows for our 10th wedding anniversary......I will be doing double duty that day as both the "Groom" and head of safety....

I was not familiar with any similar competitors for clamping clips.  Who makes it? 

We did see Randall et al. at SHOT and saw their new 3.0 model with slots to allow for more flexibility in the holster eyelet spacing that you can use.

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:40:06 AM »
The brand I'm testing is Called the "Techna Clip" and is for single stack guns(G42/43 LC9/9s LCP) mine was on my LC9 and was moved over to my new 9S in October. I've been using it both IWB and with a pocket holster both in a pocket( Blackhawk#2, Sticky MD1) and off Body Carry in a "Man Bag" inside a Gym Bag when I go to Dialysis or Physical Therapy.....
I have practiced "draw and fire" drills with it from the bag on my lap sitting down and standing one handed with various bags slung across my left side. My regular bags are a Maxpedition Jumbo and std. Versapak's and I recently got a 5.11 since I have 3 of their Vests and 2 of their bags ( purchased with my own$$-when I tell Makers that they rush to send me stuff since I have already written stuff) and a Tumi Tablet Bag which works perfectly since everyone thinks an iPad is in there....
Now that I'm back in school-(you would think a Guy with 15 yrs of College and a Doctorate of professional studies would be ok in retirement) for Gunsmithing, on a campus that allows concealed carry-Arizona law) I would not care which bag, but.....I DO!!(Sry, I run on when I have Music on when I write-This morning is side 2 of King Crimson's Absent Lovers Live in Montreal Canada in August of 84....I was on leave from the Army and saw them a few weeks before in NYC-my birthplace)...

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:55:54 AM by Askdrfootball »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 11:03:42 AM »
Ah, yes.  I am familiar with them.  I've thought about trying one out, as I have several compatible handguns, but have held back for various reasons.  I look forward to hearing how it worked out for you with the various carry methods that you use.  I would not consider them to be a direct competitor of Ulti-Clip, as the UC is strictly a clip to keep your holster in place, to replace the stock clips on a holster.

When not using a holster, do you use a Kydex trigger guard?

We are big 5.11 fans here.  I have a load of bags, cases, pouches, lights, boots, hats, clothing, and other gear that we bought from them.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:06:32 AM by GunLink »

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 11:29:01 AM »
Re:5.11 love em. Run into their folks but had no time for the booth until this year, Come to
Find out SGM (Ret.) Kyle Lamb is at the Booth, he Stepped off my Blackhawk a few times in Desert Storm...Great guy!
Gotta Run (Bus ride actually) to Dialysis(Yeah, again) to be cont.....

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 10:46:51 AM »
Re 5.11

I bought the two vests first: the std weight in black and the lightweight in tan...then the Rush 72, and more recently the 24. 
Now I ordered the Covert 18.....