!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: North Central Valley  (Read 3117 times)

Offline ebrooks

North Central Valley
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »
CCW's are not impossible to get. Sacramento County is now a  virtual shall issue jurisdiction under Sheriff Jones. Placer County ditto I'm told, Also Calaveras, many northern counties, such as Tehama. There is much  pro 2d amendment litigation in the works now. I think the terroristt act has got people waking up.

GunLink Discussion Forums

North Central Valley
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »

Offline ebrooks

San Joaquin County anti-2d Amendment sheriff
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »
Sheriff Moore of San Joaquin County will almost never issue a CCW  according to Sgt Palmer who he has put in charge of CCW's. The person who ran against him in the last election was the opposite--but obviously lost.

I would like to see organized political opposition to Moore. His next attempt at re-election is next year I'm advised. I see  several  possibilities. A visible movement against his position could cause him to modify his position. Or, he could be beat in the election. Or he could see in the run-up to the election that there is  an opposition movement and then he might be more amenable to a fair and  reasonable consideration of CCW applications. Or he could win the election but see the way the wind is blowing.

I understand the surrounding counties are  pro 2d Amendment and some even virtually shall issue. Sacramento County is virtual shall issue under  Sheriff Jones. I've heard Calaveras County and Stanislaus County are pro-2d Amendment. If so,  Moore is not with the trend in the region.

What can JPFO do? I understand from their publications they are aggressive. But are they ready or equipped to develop a county by county program in those counties which are anti-2d Amendment? What grass roots membership is needed and how can action be structured?

There is legal action in progress but it could work in tandem with political action. The third branch--exectutive--is not likely to be any help since a liberal democrat (Jerry Brown) is in the saddle. Although I have to say that you can be  surprised sometimes.