!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: 2012 Independence Day Giveaway - Get a Free Full Registration of MyGunDB  (Read 24937 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
2012 Independence Day Giveaway
From MyGunDB and GunLink

Score a free full registration key for MyGunDB!

The developer of the MyGunDB firearms inventory system (GunLink forum user Wolfrage) has been kind enough to offer up two FREE registration keys for his great software.  If you are not familiar with the MyGunDB system, you really have to check it out.  MyGunDB is the perfect way for anyone, from the casual firearms collector or enthusiast to FFL holders, to manage their firearms collection or inventory.  The software allows user to easily keep records of their firearm accessories, ammunition, and firearms information including serial numbers, photos, values, maintenance schedules and more.

To learn more about the MyGunDB system, visit the MyGunDB GunLink Edition page or the main MyGunDB website.

MyGunDB software is free to download and use for managing up to 10 firearms but you can win one of two FREE registration keys.  To be eligible, simply post in this thread between now and Independence Day, July 4th, 2012.  At the close of the contest, two entries will be chosen at random to receive the registration keys.  A review of the software from the winners would also be greatly appreciated!

Also, be sure to visit the MyGunDB section of the GunLink forums with any questions, comments and reviews and to thank Alan for his great work and generosity.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July and Good Luck!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:42:41 AM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline AmericanIcon

• marketplace
Interesting idea - rather than offer a firearm, which would pull a lot of people interested in a free firearm but not the intelligent exchange of ideas (and disappoint most) or an 'accessory' almost guaranteed to be won by someone who has no use for it, something that people who get it can use, no matter where their firearms interests may lie.  Definitely rates a thumbs up.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Thanks for the kudos, AmericanIcon.  Alan is the one who created the great product, we're just trying to help spread the word  :)

We have had less than stellar turnouts with past giveaways of "stuff" on twitter and on the forums in the past, likely for the precise reasons you mention.  Alan's software is something that is tremendously useful for just about any gun owner, FFL dealer, collector, etc.

If you're not already familiar with the MyGunDB, be sure to check it out.  One of the great things about the software is that it's completely free to download and use for up to 10 firearms.  Then, when you decide that you love the system so much and want to add more firearms, you can purchase (or WIN!) a registration key to unlock its full potential.

In other words, everyone reading this can go ahead and get the program and start using it and, if you post in this thread, you have a chance to get a full registration to make it even more useful.  It's a win-win!

Offline Daveww

Love the free version and now I have more guns; I need a key:)

Offline sharkdb

I could use it, unless it's more complicated than Excel.

Offline jonbouy00

I'm in. Always can use something to help keep track.
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

Offline Chazzar10

• marketplace
               :)I used the free down load and it's great, I have used the variuos features of the MyGunDB for appling pictures and information concerning my personal firearms. Date of purchase, cost and dates of manufacture can be applied to each firearm and relivent data that applies to my firearms. This is the best way to keep a inventory of my ammo that I have on hand and also this is a must for keeping track of your firearm invesmemt in this data base for insurance coverage. That is another reason why I  use the MyGunDB, if something unfortunate would happen I have my firearms' serial numbers, pictures  and current replacement values for insurance coverage. That is a very possitive benefit to having this MyGunDB to be able to show my insurance company what exactely was damaged stolen etc. And MyGunDB also features a security pass word to keepout  unauthorized persons from gaining access to my information, this is a must have for all gun owners!  8)
Live Free or Die

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
I could use it, unless it's more complicated than Excel.

Not complicated at all and MANY more useful features versus a plain spreadsheet! 

Head over to http://gunlink.mygundb.com/ to get the free 10-gun version and try it out.  Then, by the time of the drawing, you'll be used to using the software and ready for the unlock key  ;D

Good luck, everyone!

Offline mikethelost

I try to avoid Excel at all costs :). this sounds great!

Offline 81Raven81

I found this program a short time ago and I am really impressed with it, I have been passing it on to all my friends... Very well done!! Even my wife can use it and she has very little computer knowledge. It is by far the best way to keep track of your valuable collection!! 

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
I found this program a short time ago and I am really impressed with it, I have been passing it on to all my friends... Very well done!! Even my wife can use it and she has very little computer knowledge. It is by far the best way to keep track of your valuable collection!! 

Awesome  ;D  Make sure you tell them all about the contest too.

Maybe also consider posting a review in the Reviews section or the MyGunDB forum

And if you're interested in checking it out, the MyGunDB GunLink Edition of the software has some extra goodies like direct access to our tweets.

Offline tddenniston

Hey all -

I work closely with Alan, doing our best to get the word out about MyGunDB.  One of the things I'm most proud of is getting to read this type of positive feedback, but also with how quickly Alan is able to react to the needs of our users.  For those not familiar with the system, you'll learn that the features are constantly being updated per the needs of our users, and that's a testament to Alan's dedication to making MyGunDB the best Firearms Inventory System available.  For all firearms dealers out there, stay tuned for a special version on the horizon to help you handle your bound book data for the shop, and integrate with your POS.

And finally, thanks GunLink for helping spread the word.  Everyone have a safe and happy Independence Day, and an early congrats to whomever wins the free registrations!

Tom

bigtazzsmoke

I enjoy the free version but I need the Full Verson
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:09:54 AM by GunLink »

Offline TheConqueror

Just found out about your application and I have to say that the free version is very helpful. Hope to get a free full registration

Offline jennifer57

sounds good.  please enter me too :)
thanks!

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Just found out about your application and I have to say that the free version is very helpful. Hope to get a free full registration

After you use it for a bit, don't forget to post a review in the Reviews section or MyGunDB forum.

MyGunDB does put A LOT of stock into user feedback in order to create a product that really meets their needs.

Good luck, everyone.  Tell all your friends about the contest!  ;D

Offline RickD6023

I have the "free" version for quite some time and love it! 

Offline awloe

I have the free version and love it, but I am maxed out on it.  I have more guns then the 9 gun limit.  I would love the full version.

Offline snake11292006

sounds interesting....wouldn't mind having this

Offline DrAuggie

• marketplace
I found your software just the other day.  I had never thought to use a database program for my small gun collection (7) even though I use several through Collectorz.com for my books, movies, games, and music.  So far, I really like this software.  It is straight forward and easy to use.  Nice job!!  (Plus, I would love to win a full version.)

;D

"Always do your best and be  yourself."