!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: CBS Reporter May Have Illegally Purchased Rifle For Story  (Read 1957 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
CBS Reporter May Have Illegally Purchased Rifle For Story
« on: June 20, 2016, 09:41:14 PM »
http://freebeacon.com/issues/gun-store-contacts-atf-virginia-police-undercover-cbs-news-purchase-ar-15/
According a a gun store in Virginia, a CBS News reporter may have committed a straw purchase.  The general manger for SpecDive tactical says that the reporter came into the shop, with cash, and stated she wanted an AR-15 for training purposes. He states that she refused a free, basic firearms safety instruction because she was training with an NRA instructor.

After seeing the report air on TV, in which the reporter transferred the firearm to an FFL dealer and firearms instructor, he contacted the ATF. The ATF says they are area of the complaint and the story, but will not comment or acknowledge ongoing investigations.

In a more recent article, the reporter claims she identified herself as a reporter during the sale at least twice and CBS stands by the story.  http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/cbs-news-reporter-defends-assault-rifle-purchase-for-story/296448

She claims that the entire transaction was recorded, but as we have seen with the Couric video, it's easy to add in audio. Not sure, who I believe here.

GunLink Discussion Forums

CBS Reporter May Have Illegally Purchased Rifle For Story
« on: June 20, 2016, 09:41:14 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: CBS Reporter May Have Illegally Purchased Rifle For Story
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 11:44:52 AM »
WTF is wrong with these people?  Is it just me, or do the antis really come across as complete nutjobs.

They're so hell bent on pushing their agenda that they break laws like Katie Couric's Under the Gun editors when they illegally bought guns across state lines or the morons above that did a straw purchase. 

Then you get other people like the genius that brought us Why I Can’t Stop Thinking About the Gun I Bought (But Never Brought Home) - The psychological effects of being an almost-gun owner.  Which might also be a straw purchase since she was supposed to buy it to play with for the article and then give it to her boss, but is definitely illegal since she admits in the article that she would fail 4473 question 11e. 

Now there's a new story about some numb nuts "journalist" in Chicago who tried to buy a gun but was denied.  He says he went "to purchase my first assault rifle, I admit, I was nervous. I’d never owned a gun before. And with the horror of Sunday’s Orlando massacre still echoing."  What kind of sick person thinks "Gee, this awful terrorist attack just happened and it is so horrible and it was caused by this horrible evil object, so I want to rush right out and get that exact same object for myself?"   :o  Seriously... WTF?  That is as SICK person!  Anyway, the store refused to sell to him because he's a drunk and a wife beater - both of which can be prohibiting factors for purchasing a gun. 

How about the fruit loop who wrote What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud who says "One day after 49 people were killed in the Orlando shooting, I traveled to Philadelphia to better understand the firepower of military-style weapons" by firing an AR15.  Another demented person who says, "oh boy, this evil, terrible object killed a bunch of people and hurt a bunch more... i gotta try this for myself!"

Well, he shot his AR15 and this is what he thought about it:  "The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."  Does that sound like a stable person?  Disoriented from spent shells ejecting?  Sick from the smell of "sulpher" and the though of shooting a paper target with a gun?  PTSD?  Anxious and irritable? 

Why are all the anti-gun people such absolute lunatics?