!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Sons of Guns  (Read 3630 times)

Offline 1slickAR15

Sons of Guns
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »
I'm surprised that there isn't already a topic about this show.

Sons of Guns is a show on discover that follows a gunshop in Louisiana that makes all sorts of crazy guns, cannons, flamethrowers, and more.

the show website is at http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/sons-of-guns/ if you want to check it out.

They just finished season two and season 3 starts in december but they still play reruns sometimes.  If you get a chance, check it out.  I bet its a trip to work at that place!

GunLink Discussion Forums

Sons of Guns
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: Sons of Guns
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 04:19:31 PM »
Interesting show, to say the least.  You're probably right about it being a "blast" to work at that shop!

To get updates from the folks at Red Jacket, check @RJFGear on Twitter.  They're following us on Twitter, are you?

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:23:15 PM »
I had some mindless work to do the other day so I set up the laptop on my bench and tore through the entire season 1 on Netflix while I worked.  I haven't seen any of season 2 yet.

I caught bits and pieces of it on TV but never got in to it.  My brother even called me a couple times with a "hey, you gotta turn on Discover RFN!"  It was a cool show once I got into it.

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:53:25 AM »
Those guys are crazy!  I'll stop and watch it if I see it on while I'm surfing.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »
I was watching some Discovery On-Demand shows over the past couple days and they keep saying "new season begins this wednesday."

The website says the new season starts December 2011.

What's the story?

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »
Did you find out when the season actually starts?

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
Sons of Guns will return on the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor - December 7, 2011 - 2100ET

From the Thanksgiving night special preview:

Guns of Glory

A Third Season Of Discovery's Action-Packed Hit Series 'Sons Of Guns' Returns December 7
Bill Gorman
November 21st, 2011

PRESS RELEASE:

THE RED JACKET FIREARMS CREW RETURNS FOR A THIRD SEASON OF DISCOVERY'S ACTION-PACKED HIT SERIES 'Sons of Guns'

– One-Hour Special GUNS OF GLORY to Air Thanksgiving Night at 10PM E/P –

Will Hayden and his team of gunsmiths at Baton Rouge-based Red Jacket Firearms are back for a third season of Discovery Channel's hit series Sons of Guns, returning Wednesday, December 7th at 9PM ET/PT.  And on November 24th at 10PM ET/PT, count down with Will, Stephanie and the rest of the Red Jacket crew their top ten guns of all time in the one-hour special GUNS OF GLORY.

The Red Jacket Firearms crew doesn’t shy away from a challenge.  And this season is full of them.  With the tragedy and hardship that’s fallen on Louisiana over the last decade, Will Hayden feels a personal duty to give back to his home state.  He decides to help arm a sheriff’s patrol boat to protect the gulf coast – Red Jacket style – including a dual mount with a MARK 19 grenade launcher and a 240 Bravo machine gun.

Also this season, the all-star gunsmith crew is invited to help re-enact an attack on the USS Kidd, a decommissioned Fletcher Class Destroyer that saw action in the pacific theater during WWII, even experiencing damage from a Kamikaze attack.  Now a floating museum, the Red Jacket team is asked to help bring the USS Kidd back to life by simulating an attack similar to the real one.

Will also gets to work on his number one gun on his bucket list – a World War I Maxim, a machine gun that according to Will made one soldier aseffective as 500.  He and the team work to restore it and fire it through a propeller, like the World War I bi-planes – something that will take both time and skill.

Last season ended with Kris Ford asking Will if he could date his daughter Stephanie.  Will answered with an ultimatum: he must choose between Red Jacket and his daughter.  This season, his choice is revealed and everyone will feel the effect.

In its second season, Sons of Guns was the #1 ad-supported cable program among Men 18-49 and 18-34 delivery on Wednesday nights (excluding sports/specials).  An average of 2.57 million people watched the premiere each week.

Sons of Guns is produced for Discovery Channel by Jupiter Entertainment.  Stephen Land is executive producer, with Patrick Leigh-Bell as co-executive producer. For Discovery Channel, Dolores Gavin is executive producer.

From Press Release

Offline masfonos

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
:-\

We're fixin' to cancel our cable soon.  Do they show it on Hulu or anything like that?  If not, I guess we're stuck waiting for more to come out on Netflix.