!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: 2012 Independence Day Giveaway - Get a Free Full Registration of MyGunDB  (Read 24940 times)

Offline TX Grunt

Just downloaded free version.  Excited about using it.  Is the software acceptable to the ATF for FFL use?

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Just downloaded free version.  Excited about using it.  Is the software acceptable to the ATF for FFL use?

This is probably a question to ask the developer himself, but I believe it is.  The MyGunDB specs list it as "meeting ATF digital boundbook requirements."

Offline masfonos

In!

I have used other programs before but they have had a lot less features than this one.

Offline Wolfrage

• Industry Member
  • marketplace
    • The MyGunDB firearm inventory system

Yes, I followed the ATF's requirements for a digital bound book -- it was the reason I began writing it, since I got my C&R license and couldn't find anything that met their requirements.

Here is a link to the 2008 ruling on their requirements.  I believe it's page 3+, IIRC, that discusses it. 

http://mygundb.com/ifs/atf-ruling-2008.pdf

If you have any other questions, let me know!
Alan Ellis
Developer MyGunDB firearm inventory system

Offline Wolfrage

• Industry Member
  • marketplace
    • The MyGunDB firearm inventory system
I could use it, unless it's more complicated than Excel.

I try to keep it simple to use, but full of features.  Give the free version a shot and let me know any suggestions you may have for making it easier to use!
Alan Ellis
Developer MyGunDB firearm inventory system

Offline proguner

I have been looking for a program to keep up with my guns. I will download this and try it out.

Offline noobguru

OOOO never heard of this program until now, too bad I have no job due to being a full time student, or I would buy this program. It would be a good program to document my dad's gun collection. Would be amazing to get the key in this giveaway
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:12:35 PM by noobguru »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
OOOO never heard of this program until now, too bad I have no job due to being a full time student, or I would buy this program. It would be a good program to document my dad's gun collection. Would be amazing to get the key in this giveaway

Don't forget that it's completely free to use for up to 10 firearms. You can download it now and get started with it.

Also, as a student, are you involved with any groups like Students for Concealed Carry or others mentioned in this thread?

Offline noobguru

I have downloaded the free software, and have been messing around with it and its very slick. Looks much cleaner than a massively formatted Microsoft One Note document I was going to use. Personally I just got my first firearm this past year. It is a Savage Mark II .22LR. As a full time student it is the cheapest for me to shoot. My father-in-law is super redneck and I am a nerd, so him showing me proper firearm care and technique is finally a topic we can talk about hehe. He wants me to help document all his serial numbers, appraised value, and pictures of his massive gun collection so after some research I stumbled upon this software. I like that this software has what I was looking for. As being new to the subject i haven't heard of these organizations and ill defiantly check them out, thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:33:00 PM by noobguru »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
I have downloaded the free software, and have been messing around with it and its very slick. Looks much cleaner than a massively formatted Microsoft One Note document I was going to use. Personally I just got my first firearm this past year. It is a Savage Mark II .22LR. As a full time student it is the cheapest for me to shoot. My father-in-law is super redneck and I am a nerd, so him showing me proper firearm care and technique is finally a topic we can talk about hehe. He wants me to help document all his serial numbers, appraised value, and pictures of his massive gun collection so after some research I stumbled upon this software. I like that this software has what I was looking for. As being new to the subject i haven't heard of these organizations and ill defiantly check them out, thanks for the info.

Feel free to let you FIL know about MyGunDB GunLink Edition.  If he's a gun guy, send him on over here to the GunLink forums, twitter feed, blog, etc.  We'd be glad to have him.

As far as you being a relatively new shooter, make sure you stay safe, always follow the 4 Laws of Gun Safety and check out our Free Pistol Correction Targets to help improve your handgun shooting.

We look forward to seeing you around the forums.  Consider heading over to the introductions section to say hello.

Offline Sluggo

Pick me!

Offline bblatt11

Trying the free version, considering the full version.  Definitely A+ material here

Offline cabledude

Wish I had this software years ago...

Offline ThatGuy762x51

gettin in under the wire!

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
gettin in under the wire!

Yep, you made it.

Still time for others to get in on the contest.  Just post here by the end of the day.  Depending on how Independence Day revelry goes, overnight entries that show up before morning might count too.

Offline 1slickAR15

The free version is awesome!!

Offline Daveww

Love the software; only have a few guns but planning on more. Would love to win

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
The members in the running to win one of two free full licenses for MyGunDB, courtesy of software creator Wolfrage, are:

1   AmericanIcon
2   Daveww
3   sharkdb
4   johnbouy00
5   Chazzar10
6   mikethelost
7   81Raven81
8   tddenniston
9   bigtazzsmoke
10   TheConqueror
11   jennifer57
12   RickD6023
13   awloe
14   snake11292006
15   DrAuggie
16   TX Grunt
17   masfonos
18   progunner
19   noobguru
20   Sluggo
21   bblatt11
22   cabledude
23   ThatGuy762x51
24   1slickAR15

I will fire up the RNG shortly and post the winners.  Good luck, all.  Hope your 4th of July was a great one.

EDIT:

And the winners are...

Congratulations!

#2 Daveww
#7 81Raven81

I will send a PM to the winners and let them know what they need to do.  Winners have through the weekend to claim their prize or we'll draw again!  Also, it would be great if the winners (and anyone else who has used the software) posted a review of the software in the Reviews and/or MyGunDB forums.

A big thanks to Wolfrage and MyGunDB for providing the licenses.  Even if you didn't win the free license, be sure to check out this great software.  It's free to use for up to 10 firearms and paid licenses are affordable and well worth it!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:47:11 AM by GunLink »

Offline jonbouy00

Congrats to the winners! Give us a report after you use it awhile.
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

Offline 1slickAR15

'grats to Daveww and 81Raven81...lucky dogs!

the free version is good enough for me now but my collection is growing fast.  hope to buy a license soon.