Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Chief Supply Tactical Apparel and Gear for Law, Fire, EMS, Military and Outdoors @chief TekMat

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
A Democratic congressman from Long Island implied that Americans should grab weapons and oppose President Trump by force, if the commander-in-chief doesn’t follow the Constitution.

Rep. Tom Suozzi made the remark to constituents at a town hall last week, saying that folks opposed to Trump might resort to the “Second Amendment.”

“It’s really a matter of putting public pressure on the president,” Suozzi said in a newly released video of the March 12 talk in Huntington. “This is where the Second Amendment comes in, quite frankly, because you know, what if the president was to ignore the courts? What would you do? What would we do?”

Suozzi political adviser Kim Devlin denied the pol was “advocating for an armed insurrection.”

But the Suozzi campaign at the same time seemed to double down on the comments, as they forwarded a line penned by Thomas Jefferson that called for armed resistance.

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms,” the quote said.

Suozzi’s comment seems to conflict with his recent push for gun control following the Parkland, Florida, school shooting.

From New York Post article Congressman suggests Second Amendment as means of opposing Trump
General Talk / Re: Are they going to ban bump stocks now?
« Last post by leadfarmer on Today at 02:52:54 PM »
Good. I'm glad people in Mass. and Colo. aren't turning in their legally purchased accessories. Let them come for them. Maybe we'll see a case that gets fought up to the supreme court. Maybe we'll win it. Maybe they'll kick in doors to "come and take them".  Despite the picture of people lined up to turn in their guns in Conn. last I heard it was "only" about 15% compliance. Or maybe they'll just keep passing "little" infringement laws like this until only a handful of people have guns and they're all buried in the yard or rusting away inside walls not doing any good.

Now... where are the NRA and other groups to stand up and fight these laws?
California / Re: Appleseed Events in California
« Last post by Alosromax on Today at 02:56:48 AM »
It is not a bad idea that you are talking about the story that we are talking about now.
We are ready to share this great comment with other people.

That’s how many gun owners accepted an invitation from the Denver Police Department to surrender bump stocks, Denverite reported. The device increases the rate of fire for semi-automatic weapons to nearly that of fully-automatic firearms.

The Denver City Council voted to ban bump stocks in late January, a move the Associated Press called “largely symbolic.” Previously, Denver banned the types of semi-automatic rifles that can be modified with bump stocks. The city council also voted that, “in most cases,” it is illegal for residents to own magazines “that hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition.”

Essex Police Chief Peter Silva held up a bump stock that someone turned in this week as the Massachusetts ban on the devices went into effect. “To my knowledge, this is the only one that’s been turned in to date,” he said.

State Police said they received three bump stocks and one trigger crank, as Massachusetts now becomes the first state in the country to make the devices illegal.

John Rosenthal, who heads up the group Stop Handgun Violence, lobbied for the ban. “There’s no question in my mind that people won’t turn them in,” he said.

Big difference in how the school handled this one.  There's a kid that was suspended for staying in the classroom.  School admins said he had the choice to participate or go to a designated room for the time.   Student chose neither option.
Good job, young man. A millennial breaks free from the herd.

Alex Ross
So today was my schools walk out, and I wanted to peacefully protest in my own way. Some people who decided to walk out for stricter gun laws were pretty harshly criticizing strong supporters of the Second Amendment, such as my friends and I. So I presented them with this flag, when people were walking out of the doors.
To make my point more clear, less guns and more extreme gun control is not the answer, example: there was probably 15+ armed Police officer‘s in the building during this event, to make sure nothing went wrong and everyone was safe, this was probably the safest day of the year for my school. If there were even three armed people here at all time it would be a much safer place. The only people that a “gun free zone” would keep out is law abiding citizens.
It is worth noting that my schools administration was very “alright” with my unannounced stunt and let me keep the flag up for the remainder of the walk out and said I had a right to speak for myself too. So a big thank you to my principal and vice principal.

Firearms Related / Re: NRA Video: We will Never Ever Waver
« Last post by masfonos on March 15, 2018, 12:48:33 AM »
4:40 - no ban on firearm accessories
4:43 - we insist that the ATF regulate bumpstocks
Keep on never wavering, asshat.

I still support the NRA because they're our best weapon, but they are another swamp that needs drained. Wayne and Chris and a handful of others need to GO.
Surprise! The Second Amendment Coalition page is GONE now. Who TF is he taking RKBA cues from now? Fineswine and Schumer? Ban bumpstocks and due process?  🤨  😞

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chief Supply Tactical Apparel and Gear for Law, Fire, EMS, Military and Outdoors @chief TekMat