Reviews > Firearm Review

Hi Point 9mm

<< < (2/3) > >>

81Raven81:
I was looking at picking one up just for the sake of having one! I have a few other $200 pistols made by Norinco and I have a lot of fun with them. For $200 why not! I just know what to expect!!

crsmithart:
My brother-in-law picked up one in .40 S&W ... I shot it for the first time last weekend and this was my first experience with a HP ... I agree that it was ugly and heavy and cheap, but it operated fine and was accurate on target ... I wouldn't buy one myself, but for $200, it was OK ... I would probably spend another $100 and get the SCCY or Kel-Tec 9mm

DieselDude:
They're ugly heavy bricks but they go bang.  I saw online pics of ones that blew up but I also heard that they were faked.  I never saw one in person that had problems and never heard of anyone I know seeing or having one that did.  I wouldnt show it off or brag about it or carry one just because its so heavy but I wouldn't have a problem having one for a range toy to keep round count down on safe queens.  I think they're being more accepted now though and price is going up they used to be CHEAP!

DrFootball:
Im sure it makes a decent "Truck" or Tackle Box gun. I wouldn't mind the HP Carbine in 9MM, esp. with the 15 & 22 Rd Mags from ProMag.....

masfonos:
I heard that Tom Deeb, owner of Hi Point, just died.

I think that's too bad.  He made a decent gun that pretty much anyone could afford.  Far better than most other "cheap" guns.

It's a shame that they get a bad rap and scumbags end up using them, but apparently he was a big friend of LEOs.  He would put the S/N hidden in various places around the guns so criminals can't just file off what they see and added certain features to them to make ballistic fingerprinting easier for labs to track down if a case came from one of their guns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version