!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: ATF 41P - Combined Thread  (Read 13131 times)

Offline shhhgunz

• marketplace
  • Hush, puppy.
Re: ATF 41P - Combined Thread
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 09:51:43 AM »
The American Silencer Association posted a article that says that the US House passed a budget with an amendment in it that blocks 41P in HR2578.  HR2578 is here and I read through it but I didn't see any mention of anything about 41P or CLEO signoff.  I only saw budgeting for ATF salaries and a mention of tracking guns that they sell to cartels *snicker*  Maybe someone else can find it

ASA did point out that 41P greatly expands CLEO signoff which is in contrast to just a couple years ago when they wanted to get rid of it all together

Background Checks for Principal Officers of Corporations, Trusts, and Other Legal Entities With Respect to the Making or Transferring of a National Firearms Act Firearm
Abstract: The Department of Justice is proposing to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. The proposed regulations would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; (3) require that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the maker or transferee is located; and (4) eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.

GunLink Discussion Forums

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 09:51:43 AM »

Offline masfonos

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
It's happening, in case you didn't see.

http://blog.gunlink.info/2016/01/05/bohica-41p-is-here/

I hear it's supposed to hit the Fed Register tomorrow, which means it will go into effect 180 days after that.

What BS.  Since a spending bill just passed, there isn't much chance of getting it defunded before it goes into effect either.