!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Read the SHOT Show Interview with MyGunDB Developer  (Read 2550 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Read the SHOT Show Interview with MyGunDB Developer
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
Read the GunLink SHOT Show Interview with MyGunDB Developer on the GunLink Blog

MyGunDB Developer To Attend SHOT Show
January 17, 2012
GunLinkSHOT

Enter MyGunDB, a cross-platform software application from Intelligent Firearms Solutions that meets all of the above needs and more.  MyGunDB allows users to keep a secure, detailed database of their firearms and accessories that includes prices, actual values, maintenance schedules, rounds fired, purchase and sale details and much more.  MyGunDB is such a valuable tool that various entities, including the CMP, have chosen to pair up with the developer to release their own licensed version of MyGunDB.  In fact, work on a GunLink edition of MyGunDB is nearly complete!

We got a chance to catch up with Alan Ellis, developer of the IFS MyGunDB software, and ask him a few questions.   If you’d like to learn more, you can find Alan on Twitter and facebook.

GunLink:  Hi, Alan.  How are you doing today?
Alan Ellis:  Excellent! Getting ready for a new release so coding, coding, coding!

GL:  So, you’re the man behind the MyGunDB software?  Tell us a little about the software.
AE:  Yep, MyGunDB is my baby! A user once described MyGunDB as Quickbooks for your firearms. It’ll help you track your firearm stats, accessories, pictures, factory and reloaded ammo, maintenance schedule — pretty much everything a collector needs! It’s the best way to keep your collection organized on Windows, OSX and Linux machines, if I do say so myself.

GL:  How did you come up with the idea for MyGunDB?
AE:  Well, I kept looking for a good way to store my bound book data on my computer but I couldn’t find anything that worked the way I thought it should. I mean, I have poor handwriting and I’m a computer geek, so the idea of a hand written bound book just seemed silly to me. So I decided to write my own. Now a lot of the features weren’t my own idea; there are several thousand posts on forums between users and myself ...

(READ MORE...)

GunLink Discussion Forums

Read the SHOT Show Interview with MyGunDB Developer
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »