!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: NRA Annual Meeting: The feeling I get  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Wolfrage

• Industry Member
  • marketplace
    • The MyGunDB firearm inventory system
NRA Annual Meeting: The feeling I get
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:09:09 AM »
So I've been through the show floor several times now, looking over new products, having meetings and listening to bits of conversations here and there. There is a common theme here that keeps popping up, a shared sense of something unexpected:

Optimism.

In a time where our 2a rights are under attack, you'd think that the air would be full of anger, fear, confusion or some combination of all the above.

But its not.

People are talking about how we've stopped the Govt from enacting laws that will hurt our rights.  They nod their heads in agreement when someone brings up how the growth of the NRA membership by 1,000,000 in the last couple months shows that people are starting to realize they can have a say.  People are talking about the economy, education and health awareness as the best way to fix violence in our country.  People can see that we are not invisible and that we ARE making a difference.

I'm used to keeping my mouth shut when it comes to politics at shows -- which means i usually keep my mouth shut a lot.  This time though? I've had 2 conversations involving politics this whole time: neither insulted any political party with name calling.  Holy crap! That never happens!

Are we there yet? Not even close...  But its a start.  We can not back down, slow down nor stand down.  Its more important than ever that we continue to rally ourselves and keep moving forward. 
If you don't belong to the NRA, that's ok.  But if not, what are you doing to help protect our rights? Do you write your politicians? Do you belong to/support another 2a organization like GOA, or The 2A Foundation?

What are you doing to help keep us moving forward?  Step up!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 03:43:28 PM by Wolfrage »
Alan Ellis
Developer MyGunDB firearm inventory system

GunLink Discussion Forums

NRA Annual Meeting: The feeling I get
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:09:09 AM »