!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

120x60 logo Chief Supply Corp.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Firearms Related / Re: Mossberg Shockwave to full-length and back?
« Last post by Panther97 on May 19, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
Should be ok as long as you don't have both on it at the same time. I don't see why it would be any different than an AR pistol receiver or one of those glock kits.
Firearms Related / Mossberg Shockwave to full-length and back?
« Last post by masfonos on May 18, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »
I've asked a bunch of people all with various answers and good reasons on both sides of the argument.

Can you start off with a Shockwave, turn it into a full length shotgun, and then go back to the original shockwave length as long as you don't have a <18" barrel on it at the same time as a stock?  I know you can do pistol->rifle->pistol without issue (per T/C case and ATF rule). It seems like the same would hold true for the shockwave but ATF sometimes plays stupid games with wording and the Shockwave isn't a pistol, it's a "firearm".
General Talk / Re: "Glock Glitch" cop shoots himself and blames his pistol
« Last post by hotshotSX7 on May 18, 2018, 02:20:28 PM »
Agree. Very unlikely that it happened as described. The pin catching on the holster wouldn't cause it to go bang unless it was out so far that the paddle fell out.

Full video with trigger safety at 3:40

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pThsdG0FNdc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pThsdG0FNdc</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pThsdG0FNdc&t=3m40s
General Talk / Re: "Glock Glitch" cop shoots himself and blames his pistol
« Last post by masfonos on May 17, 2018, 08:31:50 PM »
Uh, yeah. That definitely didn't happen.

The distance to get the pin to the holster past the trigger guard is >3.43mm. To get it to the holster past the frame is 10mm. The trigger itself is 9.33mm and the pin is almost as long. The pin goes through one side of the trigger, the trigger tab, and the other side of the trigger, each about 3mm.

To even reach the holster past the trigger guard, it would have to be completely out of the far side of the trigger and partially out of the tab, in which case the trigger safety would still work and "the pin catching on the holster" is bogus (plus you're a moron if you don't notice this). 
If it was out far enough for the trigger tab to fall out (the only way for the trigger safety NOT to work), then it's barely still in the plastic material and it would likely rip out before pulling the trigger (plus you're REALLY a moron if you don't notice this).

The cop either pulled the trigger and shot himself and is lying to cover up his screw up but he's dumb and doesn't understand how Glocks work so his story sucks (which is obviously the case), or he's so stupid that he can't tell when pieces of his gun are falling off and poking him in the finger. If it's the latter, then clearly he is too stupid to have a firearm and I'm shocked that he managed to figure out which way to point it when shooting for as long as he did.
General Talk / Re: Question about using lethal force
« Last post by Glockzilla3K on May 17, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
If you're justified in using lethal force I don't think you have any responsibility to save the person that you're killing. I'm no lawyer though.
General Talk / "Glock Glitch" cop shoots himself and blames his pistol
« Last post by Glockzilla3K on May 17, 2018, 04:25:58 PM »
A West Carrollton police officer’s accidental shooting of himself at a Franklin firing range is being attributed to his gun malfunctioning, authorities said.

“There’s a pin in the triggers of Glocks that keeps the safety in place, and the pin had actually worked itself out to the side of the gun to the point that it was sticking out far enough that when he stuck (the gun) in the holster, the pin caught the edge of the holster and pulled the trigger back,” Wessling said.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/glock-glitch-local-police-officer-accidental-shooting-blamed-gun/0pPGnnkXQjfJrWUTSYKt0J/

General Talk / Re: Question about using lethal force
« Last post by masfonos on May 10, 2018, 10:04:32 AM »
Expected by whom? Your pastor? A Judge? Some dirtbag's family? Your own conscience? Your employer?

In this hypothetical situation, did you run out of ammo or something?

If it's come to the point of shooting someone, then I am in fear for my life or great bodily harm and I expect that I could reasonably explain that. We're adults and we know why people break in to houses, do stick-ups, etc. and we know who commits these types of crimes. Not only could I likely articulate why I shot a stranger who broke into the house where my family's sleeping at 3AM, I'm pretty sure I can articulate why I don't want to go mouth-to-mouth and get elbow deep in blood and guts of someone who just committed a violent felony in my home, may or may not still be armed and dangerous, and is likely a drug and disease filled junkie.

Besides, many states have laws that protect you against civil suits in lawful self-defense cases. Regardless of how upset they are that their family member won't be finishing their research on a cure for cancer, they would be out of luck on their big lawsuit payday.
General Talk / Question about using lethal force
« Last post by MutantMaker on May 09, 2018, 09:39:39 PM »
So, I was recently involved in a group discussion about how someone should act in the aftermath of a situation requiring use of deadly force. And I had a dumb question I didn’t want to ask...Let’s say you’re home and you shoot someone after he breaks in, if you’re trained to be a first responder (meaning certified in first aid, cpr, etc), are you expected to provide first aid to the suspect?  I ask because I can see the suspects family suing because you’re trained and didn’t provide aid.
General Talk / Re: Second Amendment Patriots
« Last post by GunLink on May 09, 2018, 02:37:34 PM »
We tagged a few of the suggestions on Twitter so they see the thread.
The Lodge / Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Members Promote 2018 Farm Bill
« Last post by GunLink on May 09, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »
Group Promotes Conservation and Access Programs in 2018 Farm Bill

Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Members gathered with representatives from the wildlife and sporting community to discuss the importance of reauthorizing the conservation programs within H.R. 2, the Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018 – more commonly referred to as the Farm Bill.

Hosted by the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) and partners, this Capitol Hill Breakfast Briefing served as a platform to highlight several Farm Bill conservation programs and discuss their impact to our nation’s outdoor heritage with Members of Congress and Congressional staff.

CSF President Jeff Crane said, “The reauthorization of the Farm Bill is a critical priority for sportsmen and women around the country. We sincerely appreciate Chairman Conaway and the other members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus who are working to ensure the Conservation Title remains a fundamental component of the next Farm Bill.”

Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) Vice-Chair Congressman Austin Scott (GA) welcomed attendees and thanked sponsors and briefing speakers for their support.

House Agriculture Committee Chairman Congressman Mike Conaway promoted the importance of the Conservation Title. “We inherited a terrific Title 2 [Conservation Title] from the 2014 Farm Bill. We think we have improved [the conservation funding aspect]. In order to develop habitat, we need public-private partnerships to make that happen,” said Chairman Conaway. “The Conservation Title is one of the least controversial.”

Chairman Conaway also discussed the newest program addition to the Conservation Title, the Feral Swine Eradication Control Project, which would “focus on controlling the areas where we don’t want [feral swine], where they are the most destructive.”

If signed into law, the Conservation Title within the new Farm Bill will ensure the future of critical programs that support hunting access as well as soil, water, and fish and wildlife conservation on private lands, farms, ranches, and forests across the United States.

In April, the House Agriculture Committee passed the Farm Bill reauthorization, which now awaits a vote on the House floor.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
120x60 logo Chief Supply Corp.