!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: The GunLink 2016 SHOT Show Thread - The Wait IS OVER!  (Read 36794 times)

Offline GunLink_SHOT_16

• Global Moderator
  • GunLink SHOT 16 Coverage
Re: The GunLink 2016 SHOT Show Thread - The Wait IS OVER!
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 10:37:13 AM »

GunLink Discussion Forums

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2016, 10:37:13 AM »

Offline GunLink_SHOT_16

• Global Moderator

Offline GunLink_SHOT_16

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »
SHOT Show 2016 was a big hit, drawing the second highest attendance of any SHOT Show with 64,000 industry professionals.

See why it was so popular on the GunLink Blog:  2016 SHOT Show Garners Rave Reviews

Offline GunLink_SHOT_16

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 10:43:04 AM »
Get a female perspective on some of the new fashionable camo hunting gear from SHOT:

Girls with Guns Unveils New Hunting Gear at SHOT

Offline GunLink_SHOT_16

• Global Moderator
SHhhhhhhOT Show 2016 – The Silencers of SHOT Show
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »
SHhhhhhhOT Show 2016 – Meet The Silencers of SHOT Show

The popularity of gun mufflers has exploded over the past few years thanks, in part, to efforts by manufacturer conglomerates, silencer demos and events, social media hash-tags that bring awareness (#SilencersAreLegal, #FightTheNoise), and the relative ease of procuring them – despite the blatantly unconstitutional  restrictions placed on them by laws and BATFE rulings.  There is even legislative action to make them even easier to procure – requiring only a 4473 instead of the tedious NFA paperwork and wait time (contact your reps!).

As such, it is no surprise that recent years at SHOT Show have seen an increase in suppressors in display, and the 2016 show was no exception. 

Head over to the GunLink Blog to find out about some of the newest cans from outfits like Liberty, Dead Air, LaRue Tactical, SilencerCo, Ruger, and more.

http://blog.gunlink.info/2016/01/29/shhhhhhhot-show-2016-the-silencers-of-shot-show/

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 08:36:36 PM »
The sick new .45ACP Civic Duty from G2 Research, makers of the R.I.P. Round.

Ridiculous expansion, although I think the rep said it only got about 8-10" of penetration, not quite the FBI 12" mark.

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2016, 07:02:01 AM »

Team GunLink has landed!

Who else is here? Where are you staying? Any big plans for the week?

Sorry we didn't hook up! We were @ Circus Circus( last time I will stay there!!) crappy room with leaky shower and to top it off, I left my wedding band on the bathroom sink ( reported it While we were still driving back, but we were 90 mins. Into the trip back to Sedona ) and I'm still waiting to get it back!! It was found right away so what's the delay!!!???
Several folks I know well in the industry were also there ( Lynne Finch of Armed & Female(Combat Handguns) and Paulo Rubio of Funker Tactical( instructor Zero) among those I know, and the Canadian gents from Military minds as well) and all complained.... But with my health taking a Nose dive in the Spring of '15, and now Needing Dialysis treatments( until I loose 35 lbs and they find me a Kidney) that took 9 hrs out of my time in Vegas, but I met some great ppl at the center who were also there for the show( big ups to DaVita Dialysis south Rancho, who had me in an out( and had lockers so LE and permit holders like myself could lock their Iron up during Treatment!!!) and a Cold water/Ice machine in the lobby! Upon seeing my reading material the tech asked me if I was in town for SHOT show and on discovering what I did and why I was there, 3 techs, two Nurses, and the Dietician all asked me: What carry Gun they should buy  a) less then $500, B) less then $400,c) less then $300, and d) what Caliber/Ammo which I jokingly replied , like I used to tell my apple consulting clients when I did that as a side job after school when I taught in NYC"I get paid for that!!!"

Also being 1.5 miles from the Sands, and having to rent a scooter( special thanks to Joe from Get a Round mobility for the Third year!) to navigate the expo for the third strait year( in '13 when I came as the Guest of a famous Navy Seal( pays to be " in the community" even if all you did was taxi them around in a Blackhawk or Kiowa) I walked the Floor and was dead by Wed. Afternoon, so $80 for the week is a small $$ to
Pay... But needing a special disability Cab... We're already preparing to book Harrahs( next door to the Sands) in a few weeks...
This was our 4th year and 3rd as Media Cred.....
More to follow on Directions of the Admins...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »
Our team had to move around a bit during the show and we spent a night or two at CC.  Our room was not bad, wifi was easy to use and fast enough for uploading/downloading/streaming/etc. and the staff was friendly enough.  And it's cheap!  But it's just such a PITA to navigate around the place or to go out much of anywhere after the work is done.  For the show itself, the shuttle itself worked out pretty well for us, but I don't know that they are accessible.  We'd probably stay there again, but probably only if there weren't any other affordable rooms available closer.  I spend so much time in that stinking town (and many others) that I have just about given up caring about minor details, as long as it is clean.

PM inbound soon.

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 01:13:15 PM »
As much as I like my Glocks it looks a lot like they have run out of places to go with them. Instead of making big changes, they're just tweaking.  People have been having smiths do this work on Glock slides forever, now you can just get the same thing right from Glock.  I guess you can't improve PERFECTION lol.

We got to see the new GLOCK, Inc. pistols at range day and, yesterday, had a chance to stop by their booth at the show and get some shots of the new Gen 4 G19 and G17 pistols featuring the MOS platform.

The MOS models come from the factory with a section of the slide milled out for mounting an optic such as an RMR or FastFire without the need to buy a custom slide or send your slide out to a machine shop or gunsmith.

We covered the new MOS platform last year but, until now, the option has only been available on long-slide models.  Bringing the MOS optics-ready capability to the 19 and 17 models - which are arguably the most popular 9mm CCW and duty pistols ever - seems like a no brainer and should be a big hit with those who like optics on their pistols.  Personally, I can't get used to it.