!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: New GLOCK model 17M  (Read 3891 times)

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
New GLOCK model 17M
« on: August 17, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »
Anyone seen the pics or heard the rumors about the 17M?  I heard that the leaked pics came from a cop in Indianapolis that got one for testing but I don't know.  GLOCK hasn't said anything about it officially.  I also heard that it is supposably only for FBI/LEO contract but others said that this might be the Gen 5 and that a G19M will be next.  I hope they go back to making them without the finger grooves like a Gen 2 :P

17M is supposed to have a different, tougher finish, longer recoil assembly, reinforced recoil assembly notch, smooth trigger face, flared magwell, and ambi slide release levers.  I'm in for 2 or 3 of them lol

GunLink Discussion Forums

New GLOCK model 17M
« on: August 17, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: New GLOCK model 17M
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:43:50 PM »
I've got about as many Glocks as I need (i.e. can afford), but if I were going to get one I would wait until they were out for a while.  Being a beta tester for guns, especially if it's going to be your CCW gun, doesn't strike me as very appealing.

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
Re: New GLOCK model 17M
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »
A few people said they had problems with 42s but they sounded mostly ammunition related.  Still, they went through a couple changes on stuff like the mags and slide stop levers.  I wouldn't hesitate to take a new GLOCK model out of the box and put a few hundred rounds through it and carry it but waiting to see if any mods come might make sense too.  I would worry even less about the 17M since it isn't a new model but basically just more improvements to an existing gun.