!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Ankle Holster  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Prada

• GunLink Member
Ankle Holster
« on: June 10, 2018, 09:45:22 AM »
want to buy an ankle holster for my Glock 27. A fellow Officer suggested me  a Fobus and on the surface it seems like a good holster for the price. I have zero experience with an ankle holster so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:06:19 PM by Prada »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Ankle Holster
« on: June 10, 2018, 09:45:22 AM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Ankle Holster
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 09:37:01 PM »
Wanting to buy an ankle holster for my Glock 27. A fellow Officer suggested a Fobus and on the surface it seems like a good holster for the price. I have zero experience with an ankle holster so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve never heard of a Fobus ankle holster. I do know sticky makes the ankle bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »
Sticky Holster and Bulldog are the only ankle holsters that our LGS carries. I'm not sure what else is out there as far as known brands go. There are all kinds of no-name ones out there on places like ebay and amazon. I've never ankle carried, so I don't know about how the different ones perform.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »
There are a lot more than Sticky and Bulldog out there. It looks like Fobus is making an ankle holster (several, actually).

Academy lists a few dozen different ankle holsters from several big name makers, but there aren't a lot of reviews on them.  Safariland and Galco both have good reputations for duty gear, so if you're planning on carrying it for work, you might look at one from them, like the Safariland/Bianchi Negotiator.

The main things you probably want to look at are that it stays in place without moving around and that it's comfortable. A loaded doublestack .40 like the G27 is going to be blockier and heavier compared to something like a J-Frame or a singlestack 9mm or .380.  If you're going to be doing a lot of moving around like walking a beat or chasing someone, there are models that have an extra calf strap to help keep it where it belongs.

Offline Jenoimala

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 04:44:52 AM »
The past, I have, but find the answer alone about this. This has been known.