!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Question about using lethal force  (Read 1746 times)

Offline MutantMaker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Question about using lethal force
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:39:39 PM »
So, I was recently involved in a group discussion about how someone should act in the aftermath of a situation requiring use of deadly force. And I had a dumb question I didn’t want to ask...Let’s say you’re home and you shoot someone after he breaks in, if you’re trained to be a first responder (meaning certified in first aid, cpr, etc), are you expected to provide first aid to the suspect?  I ask because I can see the suspects family suing because you’re trained and didn’t provide aid.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Question about using lethal force
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:39:39 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Question about using lethal force
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:04:32 AM »
Expected by whom? Your pastor? A Judge? Some dirtbag's family? Your own conscience? Your employer?

In this hypothetical situation, did you run out of ammo or something?

If it's come to the point of shooting someone, then I am in fear for my life or great bodily harm and I expect that I could reasonably explain that. We're adults and we know why people break in to houses, do stick-ups, etc. and we know who commits these types of crimes. Not only could I likely articulate why I shot a stranger who broke into the house where my family's sleeping at 3AM, I'm pretty sure I can articulate why I don't want to go mouth-to-mouth and get elbow deep in blood and guts of someone who just committed a violent felony in my home, may or may not still be armed and dangerous, and is likely a drug and disease filled junkie.

Besides, many states have laws that protect you against civil suits in lawful self-defense cases. Regardless of how upset they are that their family member won't be finishing their research on a cure for cancer, they would be out of luck on their big lawsuit payday.

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
Re: Question about using lethal force
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
If you're justified in using lethal force I don't think you have any responsibility to save the person that you're killing. I'm no lawyer though.