!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: The movie guns thread  (Read 14915 times)

Offline masfonos

John Wick
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »
Watched John Wick this past week.  Holy Crap!  So much gun fighting (and fighting in general).  One of Keanu's better flicks.   ;D

And with KSG goodness

And Glocks in FAB Defense conversions

GunLink Discussion Forums

John Wick
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 10:07:38 AM »

Offline DieselDude

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: The movie guns thread
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
Yes, badass movie!

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 10:39:19 PM »
My favorite dialogue exchange from John Wick was in the beginning when the mob boss was asking why the car guy punched his son. "well, he stole John Wick's car and killed his dog"  "Oh". I knew it was going to be awesome from that point.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 12:10:57 AM »
Just watched "Payback" on NetFlix. There's a scene where an SUV full of asian mob guys and Lucy Lui open fire on Mel Gibson. Mel Gibson returns a lot of fire and never reloads his revolver. I wish I had a magic revolver.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoO-w7Z7Yv4[/youtube]

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 06:53:26 AM »
I thought the count was going to be higher than that.

Offline DieselDude

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
I think 76 is a pretty good score

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 04:44:51 PM »

Got bored and decided to watch a real classic on Netflix a few days ago...Broken Arrow with John Travolta and Christian Slater.  Apparently I forgot how much gun play there was in that movie.

There are a lot of neat firearms in the movie, but one in particular really caught my eye.  By "caught my eye" I mean I saw it and thought to myself "who are they trying to fool?  What kind of goofy hollywood prop gun is that?"  So I ended up getting online and looking it up on IMFDB.  It ended up being a real gun and a pretty awesome one at that:  A Beretta 93R, the model 92's more awesome full-auto big brother.

From Wikipedia:
The Beretta Model 93R is a selective-fire machine pistol, designed and manufactured by the Italian Beretta company in the 1970s for police and military use, that is derived from their semi-automatic Model 92. The "R" stands for Raffica, which means "burst" in Italian.

A selector switch and a folding fore grip enables the operator to fire three-round bursts (at a cyclic rate of 1100 rounds per minute) with each pull of the trigger. The designers restricted the fire selector to bursts, rather than fully automatic firing, for sufficient recoil control. The 93R is essentially a Beretta 92 series pistol, but its design calls for a single action trigger, a muzzle brake, a detachable shoulder stock, and a 20-round magazine. The folding grip, just ahead of the trigger guard, provides enhanced recoil control. With use of this grip, the operator's hands are further spaced, providing increased stability.

The Beretta 93R is out of production.

Pretty cool, right?

Anyway, I just figured I'd share in case anyone else was bored and wanted to see a decent action flick with a high round count.  IMFDB lists the following as the list of guns in the movie:

* 1 Handguns
          o 1.1 Beretta 92FS (Stainless Slide)
          o 1.2 Beretta 92FS
          o 1.3 Beretta 93R
          o 1.4 Smith & Wesson Model 66
          o 1.5 SIG-Sauer P226
          o 1.6 SIG-Sauer P228
    * 2 Submachine Guns
          o 2.1 Beretta Model 12
          o 2.2 Heckler & Koch HK94 (chopped and converted)
          o 2.3 Heckler & Koch MP5K
          o 2.4 Uzi
          o 2.5 Micro Uzi
    * 3 Assault Rifles
          o 3.1 Heckler & Koch G3A3
          o 3.2 M727 with M203 grenade launcher
          o 3.3 Ruger AC-556K
          o 3.4 M16A2
          o 3.5 Colt XM177
          o 3.6 Custom AR-15
          o 3.7 IMI Galil
    * 4 Shotguns
          o 4.1 Mossberg 590
    * 5 Heavy Weapons
          o 5.1 M134 minigun
          o 5.2 B83 Thermonuclear Device

Great gun but NOT Full auto. In real life it only shoots 3Rd bursts.....

I've seen one 2x, but I can't tell you where that was one of those, the other was at the Big Sandy.....

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2015, 10:32:23 AM »
I couldnt get a picture because the pause bar was in the way. Hoping someone else knows what im talking about.

We've been watching american horror story on Netflix. In season 3 episode 7, theres a scene where the estranged husband calls his wife and it pans out while hes on the phone and shows a small arsenal laying around him. There's what appears to be a silenced pump action shot gun.

I thought the first shotgun suppressor made its debut this past year. Has this been made before?

Offline masfonos

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
I think they're out there but the Salvo is the first one I know of to really get traction

The brits have them :-\ http://www.saddleryandgunroom.co.uk/Gunroom/SG_Hushpower.htm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5P0LXemAA[/youtube]

http://www.metrogun.com/orion.html

RJF has cooked one up as well.  I'd be willing to bet that pedo described it as a "game changer" too http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/suppressors?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=12&category_id=1

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 02:53:28 PM »
Well i never watched or followed RJF. So i didnt know. I think im surprised the brits have one. Seems unusual given their views on weapons in general.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »
Silencers are an over-the-counter safety device.  And relatively cheap.