!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2580 times)

Offline dwoolridge

• evc website
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »
I was the NRA Election Volunteer Coordinator for Pennsylvania's 19th Congressional District. Since that CD is disappearing due to redistricting the NRA recently made me EVC for the 10th CD. I am supporting the campaigns of Romney/Ryan, David Freed for Attorney General, Scott Perry for Congress in the 4th CD and Tom Marino for the 10th, and Seth Grove for State House.

I am also an activist for FreedomWorks and my current project is to distribute campaign materials for Tom Smith for Senate.

I'm looking for ways to get NRA members doing things to help the campaigns of any or all of these people. Anybody have ideas?
Dale W. Woolridge

GunLink Discussion Forums

« on: October 19, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
Hi, dwoolridge.  Thanks for being an EVC!  I have a couple ideas, but they're pretty obvious and nothing really groundbreaking so I'm sure you're already doing them. 

I've been to a lot of gun shows and local shoots where NRA has a table set up for membership signups.  I'm not sure if "regular" NRA is able to do it or not or if you'd have to set up an ILA/PVF table separately, but maybe add some content like pamphlets, etc. to that table and/or have somebody there to talk about candidate positions, election info, etc.  Maybe have someone walking around the show with an "ask me about..." shirt, sign, etc.

I've also been to some dinners with local gun guys, clubs, open-carry groups, etc and remember an EVC being at several of those dinners to share information.  If there is anything like that in your area, be sure to show up and let people know who is representing supporting their rights and who isn't.

Talk to your local ranges or people who put on 3-gun matches, hunter ed classes, etc. and see if they'd let you either say a few words or put out some materials about how to ensure that that participants can continue doing those things and preserve their rights.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  The ideas above are great ideas.  Also, in this day and age, social media can play a huge role to get your word out to a large audience.  Are you on Facebook, Twitter et al?  Post your info on there with relevant #hashtags and @tag other users who you think will be interested and who can help spread the word. 

We try to stay away from most hot button political issues other than the single-issue topic of gun rights/gun control and similar.  If you have specific examples of how your candidate supports gun rights, share them with us @GunLink on twitter and we might be able to help you spread the word.

We'll also put out some feelers for ideas on how to get some grassroots action going and get people involved.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums and the rest of the site.