!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Pro-Gun Organizations  (Read 8529 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

Pro-Gun Organizations
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
How many are there that you know about or have heard about?

I used to get a lot of e-mails from different organizations, but it seems most of them trade on very shallow facts.  (The UN is going to take your guns away.)

I support the NRA-ILA and the NRA.  I know some people feel the NRA sold gun-owners down the river, but I think their tactics are pretty much sound.  Chip away at the edges of laws and have them declared unconstitutional.  Build upon small successes and keep going.

I still get e-mails from someone named Dudley Brown, but again, he seems more interested in raising money.  I shy away from any organization the says "We need to act now!  Can we count on your support of $25, ...."

GunLink Discussion Forums

Pro-Gun Organizations
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Pro-Gun Organizations
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:08:28 PM »
I've supported NRA, NRAPVF, NRAILA and NRA WC for a while and GOA off and on.  Never been a member of JPFO (I'm not jewish but you don't have to be to join/support) but I've heard a ton of good stuff about them.  I've bought the "sponsor package" tickets for FNRA banquets quite a few times.

GOA usually has timely news blurbs on their site, form letters for congress critters, lists of your reps, etc.  I think most of it is available whether you're a member or not but being a member helps them keep on keeping on, as it were.

There are a lot of state and regional ones out there as well like PAFOA etc.  Last time I checked the GunLink twitter feed a lot of them were on there.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »
Here is some additional information about several national gun rights organizations.  This post is merely meant to let readers know about some of the various organizations that are out there and does not constitute an endorsement of any organization by GunLink.

If you know of other gun rights organizations, either national, regional or local, feel free to post them in this thread.

Armed Females of America (AFA)
AFA has taken a NO-COMPROMISE position by calling for the repeal of ALL gun laws back to and including the National Firearms Act of 1934. AFA is serious about restoring our Rights as originally intended by our Founding Documents. If you're looking for a women's organization to exchange cooking recipes, talk about child rearing or stitchery, then this is not the place for you.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA)
The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is dedicated to protecting your firearms rights. Our role is to educate grass root activists, the public, legislators and the media. Our programs are designed to help all Americans understand the importance of the Second Amendment and its role in keeping Americans free.

Gun Owners of America (GOA)
Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue.  Associated with GOA are: Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund, Gun Owners of California and Gun Owners Foundation.

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO)
Jews For The Preservation Of Firearms Ownership’s mission is to destroy “gun control” and to encourage Americans to understand and defend all of the Bill of Rights for everyone. Those are the twin goals of Wisconsin-based Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO). Founded by Jews and initially aimed at educating the Jewish community about the historical evils that Jews have suffered when they have been disarmed, JPFO has always welcomed persons of all religious beliefs who share a common goal of opposing and reversing victim disarmament policies while advancing liberty for all.

National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR)
Headed by Dudley Brown, a long-time gun rights advocate and director of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, the National Association for Gun Rights was formed in 2001 as a grassroots, member-centric organization with a no-compromise approach to gun rights issues.  The National Association for Gun Rights membership represents over 1 million grassroots, gun rights activists across the United States.  National Association for Gun Rights has been actively engaged in federal lobbying efforts to protect the rights of gun owners.

National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF)
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 7,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers.

National Rifle Association (NRA)
The National Rifle Association is America’s foremost defender of Second Amendment rights. Since its inception in 1871, it has also been the premier firearms education organization in the world. Purposes and objectives of the NRA include protecting the right to keep and bear arms, furthering the shooting sports, marksmanship and safety training, and the promotion of hunter safety.

NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA)
The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying arm of the NRA. Established in 1975, ILA is committed to preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.  While NRA is a single-issue organization, ILA is involved in any issue that directly or indirectly affects firearms ownership and use.

NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF)
The NRA Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) is NRA's political action committee. The NRA-PVF  ranks political candidates - irrespective of party affiliation - based on voting records, public statements and their responses to an NRA-PVF questionnaire.

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)
The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) is dedicated to promoting a better understanding about our Constitutional heritage to privately own and possess firearms. To that end, we carry on many educational and legal action programs designed to better inform the public about the gun control debate.

Students for Concealed Carry
Students for Concealed Carry is a national, non-partisan, grassroots organization composed of more than 43,000 college students, professors, college employees, parents of college students, and concerned citizens who believe that holders of state-issued concealed handgun licenses should be allowed the same measure of personal protection on college campuses that current laws afford them virtually everywhere else.  SCC has members in all fifty states and the District of Columbia.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:43:31 AM by GunLink »

Offline ThatGuy762x51

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 03:33:17 PM »
great list!  I can not add any thing to it. That's already more than I knew about!

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
great list!  I can not add any thing to it. That's already more than I knew about!

It is a good list. Locally I would add: http://www.illinoiscarry.com/ (Illinois Carry), http://www.isra.org/ (Illinois State Rifle Association) & http://www.gunssavelife.com/ (Guns Save Life - GSL)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:46:09 PM by jonbouy00 »
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »
Thanks for the additions  :)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »
Share your pro-2A organization membership and other ways of getting involved in THIS THREAD

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 12:33:24 PM »
Good call on the cross link.
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
A new one, Firearms Policy Coalition: Coalition of civil rights, education, policy organizations focusing on #2A, firearms law, grassroots. A project of @ccrkbarms, @2Afdn, @calgunsfdn, @cal_ffl. California, Twitter @gunpolicy, On the net at: http://www.firearmspolicy.org
Jon

Offline ThatGuy762x51

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »
Ok, so which of these groups actually do the most for gun rights?  There is no time like right now to get involved with fighting for RKBA and joining groups that send emails to each other and get all worked up and feel good about themselves is great but which groups [/i]actually do something[/i] useful for the cause?  Who does congress or governors or senators listen to?  Obviously NRA has some big carrots and sticks on the national level and a few of these groups are getting people involved locally but do any of the other groups have the power to really get things done?  We need to figure out who might be able to influence lawmakers and really get behind them and support them so they can get some good work done instead of just joining groups that let us preach to the choir and stand around at the gun range and say "o yeah I'm a member of club xyz."