!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Conceal Carry clothes  (Read 2905 times)

Offline MutantMaker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Conceal Carry clothes
« on: August 23, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
Since my state just passed constitutional carry, I’ve been doing some thinking on starting to conceal carry. I’ve read the laws and I have a few people I can talk to about it. I was trying some holsters to get an idea of what will and will not work. Other than I need a better belt, I found that I’m worried about the pistol rubbing holes in my pants.

Is this a common problem? What can you do minimize ruining your jeans?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 07:25:52 PM by MutantMaker »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Conceal Carry clothes
« on: August 23, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Conceal Carry clothes
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:04 PM »
I’ve mostly been carrying offbody.

My biggest issue is that pants that ride high enough to be at my waist, usually don’t fit me anywhere else. So I usually end up with jeans that ride the hips, which makes holster placement difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 07:28:05 PM by LivingDeadGirl »

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 05:32:15 PM »
I made a thread about this here years ago http://gunlink.info/forums/index.php?topic=1385.0  One of the obvious suggestions I got was just to OWB.

On some of my pants I stitch (or liquid stitch) in a patch inside where the holster rides as a sacrificial layer for the holster to chew on. A lot of it depends on the holster, position, material, the butt, and what it's sitting on for how much it will or won't wear through.

Good quality jeans like Riggs, Wrangler, or other work pants (or "tactical" pants) should hold up well. Some work pants have ripstop stitches to keep any little holes from spreading.

Offline JamesCollins

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 06:26:01 PM »
IWB and I try to find clothes sizes that work then rinse and repeat