!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Batman Shooting  (Read 3597 times)

Offline jonbouy00

Batman Shooting
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »
I just want to say, I DON'T CARE WHY HE KILLED ALL THOSE PEOPLE! QUIT ASKING AND QUIT SAYING HIS NAME! That's what the nut wants!
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Batman Shooting
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »

Offline SharpsShooter

Re: Batman Shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »
Exactly.  They "why" of it doesn't matter; the guy is just a scumbag.  It was a horrible thing to have happened and the families of those directly affected should remain in our thoughts and prayers.

I will however, at the risk of sounding like I'm trying to do what the antis are doing (spin this event and use it for political reasons) say this:  If that theater had not been a "gun free zone" (read:  victim-rich environment), one law abiding person with a CCW could have prevented the entire thing.  The antis keep using the "you want it to be like the wild west" routine whenever anyone suggests allowing CCW.  No, it's not like the wild west to allow someone to who has taken a training course, received their sheriff's endorsement, submitted multiple sets of fingerprints, paid their fees and passed a background check to carry a gun (these are the requirements in CO).  Guess what?  The gun free zone protected nobody but this scumbag.

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »
yes, that's definitely what the news people and other anti2a people are doing with it as usual  "never let a tragedy go to waste".  it's just more excuses to blame guns instead of the nutjob that used it like that.

Shortly after hearing about the shooting I saw were a driver in NY (not drunk, not texting, was "alert") caused a crash that killed 6 people.  tens of thousands of people die each year from drunk driving crashes.  what about "distracted driving" with cell phones, car radios, gps and stuff like that?  where is the shrill, whining outrage and calls to ban vehicles, alcohol, cell phones, gps, etc?  oh wait...those things aren't these people's "pet" political projects.

it's a bit of a stretch, but if the other side wants to make stretches why not this... a registered democrat in an election year does something like this, causes this kind of tragedy and chaos, calls himself "the joker", etc.?  who would be surprised if this was a "false flag" gig?  it sounds like the kind of thing that would be right up the alley for that kind of person.

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:33:23 AM »
We know very little facts, IF we ever will is unknown. For argument lets say it was just a random nut. The so called main stream media is playing it for everything it is worth. I think they have long had plans to do that WHEN it happened at the very, least.
You could make lots of arguments who's to blame. I have seen some wild, purely wild and somewhat stupid things on other posts, on who to blame, but my point is;
if you as media, are not doing what you can, to minimize the chances of this happening again, then you are at the very least enabling the situation. By saying his name every 15 seconds and showing a life time of cutsie pictures telling us how good a student he is and continually asking, 'why', you are doing exactly what he wants and encouraging others to do the same to get in the news.
It makes it look like that is what they want. I wish someone would call them on it.
Already lots of conspiracy theories. We need to be careful with that. Not that I think it isn't possible but if we can't prove it reasonably so, it will backfire. Sorry, enough rant. Have a good day all.   ;D
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
if you as media, are not doing what you can, to minimize the chances of this happening again, then you are at the very least enabling the situation.

This.

And "minimizing the chances..." does NOT mean spreading ignorance and misinformation like saying that this guy had "military assault weapons and body armor," calling for gun bans and pretending that someone who is OK with murdering innocents has any interest in complying with "lesser" laws, etc.  It also does not mean ignoring things like CO's existing gun laws (which this guy ignored), the theater's "no guns" policy (also ignored) or the potential usefulness of CCW (prevented by the above) in situations like this.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »
Never let a tragedy go to waste is right.  Same hand wringing that happens any time something similar happens.  Some whack-job goes off the deep end and nanny state proponents want to start passing legislation to "protect" us from bad behavior.  What happened in Colorado was an awful, horrible thing and it's a shame that anyone is making political hay of it - on either side of the pro/anti gun argument.  It's also sad that it takes something like this to spark any kind of dialog on the subject and, when it does happen, it's mostly emotionally fueled backlash rather than a rational discussion.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »
Statement from Cinemark:

Cinemark is deeply saddened about this tragic incident. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families and loved ones, our employees, and the Aurora community. We are grateful for the quick and professional reaction of all local law enforcement and emergency responders.

Cinemark is working closely with the Aurora Police Department and local law enforcement.

Please keep those affected and the Aurora community in your thoughts.