!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Kentucky Constitutional Carry law takes effect THIS WEEK!  (Read 4192 times)

Offline masfonos

Kentucky Constitutional Carry law takes effect THIS WEEK!
« on: June 25, 2019, 01:34:40 PM »
The new CCDW law goes into effect this thursday June 27. Kentuckians will no longer need to shell out $135 or sleep through an 8 hour class to exercise their right to carry a firearm to defend themselves from criminals. All of the requirements, restrictions, off-limit places, etc. are still in place, you just won't need the card to carry.

CJ article (be warned, their website is trash even if it wasn't Courier Journal) has a little info:  https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2019/06/25/kentucky-new-concealed-carry-law-what-it-means-for-gun-loving-state/1511455001/

Does the new law change anything for you? Like getting a CCDW permit when you didn't have one before or letting your permit expire since you don't need it anymore, carry it more/less, etc? I will be keeping mine for reciprocity when I'm traveling but also because it speeds up the gun buying process.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Kentucky Constitutional Carry law takes effect THIS WEEK!
« on: June 25, 2019, 01:34:40 PM »

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
Re: Kentucky Constitutional Carry law takes effect THIS WEEK!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 03:03:46 PM »
Won't change a thing for me but I'm glad that more people will be able to carry without the class or cost. I hope everyone takes the time to get familiar with the carry laws, but they probably wont. Hopefully petty criminals will think twice now about sticking up Joe Public since they might be more likely to have a gun now. I think the odds of that in Kentucky were already pretty good anyway. Most of the crimes you see on TV is hoodrat-on-hoodrat anyway most times.

That makes 14 now. That's a good thing, but I wish it was more. Green = constitutional carry

Offline Gunz

• Industry Member
  • Louisville-based FFL dealer
    • Gunz Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 04:57:14 PM »
Everyone should be able to protect themselves and their families with the best tools available to do so. And they shouldn't have to pay for the "privilege" of doing it. I think it's a good thing. Even though it's not required now, everyone should still get training.
(502) 935-GUNZ
10970 Dixie Hwy
Louisville, KY
www.GunzInc.com
Facebook
Twitter

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:10:52 PM »
I知 excited for it.  I have always had trouble finding time to take the class and I知 a little shy at the range when being watched. I知 okay when I知 with my boyfriend but he already has his license so I壇 be alone. We did a group training with some friends a while back and it took awhile before I was comfortable enough to get up there and work with the instructor.

Plus I get frustrated if I知 not hitting the target well and I can frustrate myself into missing even bigger. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk