!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Hunting tips for a newbie  (Read 2782 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• Team GunLink
  • GunLink Member
Hunting tips for a newbie
« on: October 24, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
My SO has been trying to teach me to hunt for a few years now.  im terrible at it. He gave up for a bit and we just started it up again this past May. Anyone care to offer advice?

I hate insects and I'm an insect magnet, so I need to wear spray which probably doesn't help with a lot of the game. I can't walk quietly, I'm very clumsy. I have a hard time spotting anything in the woods (especially squirrels), and I get bored to the point that I apparently hum and talk to myself when I'm alone.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Hunting tips for a newbie
« on: October 24, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »

Offline JamesCollins

• GunLink Member
Re: Hunting tips for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »
Maybe you start with something less intense and just get outdoors. Acclimate to the environment then try to increase from there.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• Team GunLink
  • GunLink Member
Re: Hunting tips for a newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »
We haven’t been out this year but we usually go hiking during the summer.  Outdoors isn’t a problem most of the time.  I don’t handle bugs well and as I mentioned, I’m very clumsy.  At one point, we would make a wager on how many times I would fall during the hike.

I think the big thing is that I just can’t walk quietly  and since I am clumsy, I have to look at the ground to see where my feet going so I miss a lot of things that aren’t on the ground directly in front of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk