!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Illinois concealed carry training  (Read 7146 times)

Offline jonbouy00

Illinois concealed carry training
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »
Super busy week for someone supposedly retired, but not too busy to attend, complete & successfully qualify for the Illinois Concealed Carry License. I had several things that eliminated the full 16 hours of training so only 8 hours remained. (Vet, NRA PPIH & PPOH)

I have waited for this a very, long time. Still to expensive & many other fixes needed, but this was a long hard fought victory, mostly against Iron Curtain Chicago, as many downstate Dems were with us. Downstate being south of crooked county.

Applications, "supposedly" will be available on the ISP http://www.isp.state.il.us & concealed carry info: http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-index.cfm on July 9, 2014. So far, they have been several weeks ahead of their deadlines. Kudos to the ISP for that.

Now to wait for the gold.
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Illinois concealed carry training
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: Illinois concealed carry training
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »
That's awesome, jonbouy00!  Another step closer to free-statehood.  We'd love to hear about the process, how everything is going and updates on how the whole thing progresses. 

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
Lots have completed the application process, me on the other hand, has not. The ISP site says I have an unsupported browser (which I do not, I have Safari correct ver) and I can't get beyond that. Apparently the site does not like the Mac.
Several blogs give suggestions, but I have decided I don't want to, "break" my Mac for access to one site, when it works perfectly well everywhere else.
So my alternative is to wait for the paper app I guess. Thanks again illinois.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:19:57 PM by jonbouy00 »
Jon

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:35:52 PM »
It's about time.  Hopefully they don't put a de facto ban on it with a bunch of restrictions, hoops to jump through and creative enforcement.

Would it work with Chrome or another browser?  How do you have to "break" your browser to make the application work?  What is the time difference between paper and online apps?

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 06:07:09 PM »
"Break" as in changing configuration to work with ISP site that may or may not work with other sites. I was sent a link by a fellow on twitter to by pass the browser check and accept subscriber agreement. MANY THANKS TO HIM!!!

https://instate.pki.illinois.gov/sub_agree3.htm

That got me past the browser issue.

The Chrome issue is a conflict with java I think & you must have current ver of java with your browser OR the app just won't run.

Got past browser check into creating IL digital ID and app would not accept password. Pswd fit all requirements, but would not move forward, so I quit. Next day got an email from ISP that a 1/2 created ID had been deleted so I could, try again.

I did try again. This time (same) pswd was accepted and finally got the id created. (makes me wonder what they really did) Waiting on electronic fingerprints to proceed with the application.

Paper app will be ready June or July, most likely in IL, July, if then.

I am just slowly moving forward. This has been done by, "57" other states. You would think IL would talk with one of them on how to do it instead of reinventing the wheel, square wheel at that. I'll try to keep you posted if I don't fall of the edge.

In fairness many have used the site without an issue, but I personally know of many who are having similar issues. So far it is reported 20,000 applicants. 20,000 x $150.00 for the state for app. + fee for electronic prints if you do it. + required training, usually around $100.00 for an 8hr class, more for the 16 hr.
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »
Finally finished app process today. Had to do it on a windows machine, it just would not work with MacBook. So we will see how long it takes from finishing app/making payment on 1/25/14, till CCL is received.
Jon

Offline masfonos

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 09:58:14 AM »
They used to get 90 days here (shall-issue state) to either issue your permit or deny it based on failed qualifications.  They changed the laws and now they only get 60.  Still, I hear there's a backlog that can push it over that limit.

Good luck and congrats on the permit.

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »
Got this from Concealed Carry License Notification 1/31/14

Thank you for using the online portal for submitting your application for the Illinois Concealed Carry License. The Illinois State Police will issue your license pending all information is accurate and meets state requirements within 120 days (or within 90 days if fingerprints provided).

Applicant: XXX
Date Submitted: 1/25/2014
Payment Confirmation: XXX
×          We will notify you via the email address you provided about status changes or to request additional information
×          We suggest bookmarking https://ccl4illinois.com to monitor the status of your application or to fulfill any requests for additional information
×          Remember to sign back in if you need to change your email address or phone number

So we are in wait mode. Hope it doesn't take the full 90 as prints were provided. (120 without)
NOTE: Now that I have completed the app, I can log in with the MacBook and check status of app. Makes no sense, but this is  ILL-I-NOID.
Jon

Offline drago

• GunLink Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »
4 months??? 3 if you give a finger print card?? :o

Here in Virginia if they dont give you a permit or deny you in 45 days you just use your application as your permit until your real one comes.

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 03:44:29 PM »
But this is; IL-A-NOID behind iron curtain stuff. Even the POSSIBILITY of a permit is HUGE step. Very difficult getting this far. But, more to come later as keep FIGHTING!
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

5000 CCW permits mailed
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 09:37:37 PM »
ILLINOIS 1st 5000 CCW permits mailed out today! Mine is still under review, but closer than ever!
Jon

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: 5000 CCW permits mailed
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 10:24:50 AM »

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »
After a VERY long wait and lots of activism to help the cause, wife and I got our IL CCL in the mail today. I must give my thanks to:
Illinois State Rifle Association, (ISRA) http://www.isra.org
IllinoisCarry, specifically to Valinda Rowe http://illinoiscarry.com (currently under construction)
Guns Save Life, GSL http://www.gunssavelife.com
Second Amendment Foundation, SAF http://saf.org

and many, many organizations just like this one and you for participating. Very happy this day has finally came, joy is tempered with what is happening currently in Calif., Conn etc.
Jon